Home Forums SYSTEM MATLAB CO SIMULATION

Viewing 11 reply threads
  • Author
      Idahor Emmanuel
      Participant

HELLO,

I am having problem co simulating my matlab with my optisystem design, can someone help please?

Aabid Baba
      Participant

Hello Idahor,
      Can you please explain what is the exact problem you are facing??

Idahor Emmanuel
      Participant

Thanks… Im having an undefined error of “parameter” when optisystem calculates the matlab component with electrical signal. i have attached the files for i have been facing the same error for more than a week.

Attachments:
      aasif bashir dar
      Participant

hi all,

there are number of previous posts already on forum,i suggest you to go through them. iT will completely provide you necessary information you would require.

with regards

Idahor Emmanuel
      Participant

I have gone through most of it .. and thats how i was able to get a basic idea about it. It calls the matlab from optisystem but it has an undefined error.. thats what i dont understand.

alistu
        Participant

Hi Idahor,

If these are the same files you have attached in the other forum page, the problem is that you have made a mention of “parameter0” in you Matlab codes, while such parameter is unknown to Matlab component. First you have to add it to the main tab of Matlab component properties using “add parameter” and then the problem is solved.

Regards

Aabid Baba
      Participant

Hello Idahor,
      You are welcome.
      You have not defined this ‘parameter0’ in your Matlab code and Optisystem takes these as junk quantities. As alistu mentioned , you need to define this parameter in your Matlab code first and afterwards when you simulate it works fine. Hope it is helpful.

With Regards

Idahor Emmanuel
      Participant

Thank you so much.. I have defined the parameter’0′.. and the error changed to a different thing. Now its saying an ‘end’ is missing in the code. I have checked and the number of end is correct… anyhelp please? i attached a picture of the error which i get… thanks

Aabid Baba
      Participant

Hi Idahor,
      i don’t see an ‘end’ command missing. Is it the full code you have put up here??
      With regards

Idahor Emmanuel
      Participant

Yes thats the same thing i saw it … and it kept giving me see error. i attached the system. and am getting the same error.

alistu
        Participant

Hi Idahor,

I have downloaded the .m file from here and the program is different from the one you have attached the screen shot of in one of your previous replies. In this program, the error is still about Parameter0 not being defined in the Matlab program. Please check if you have attached the correct .m file.

Regards

aasif bashir dar
      Participant

hi idahor,
      you jus put abnother ‘end’ statement at the end of code, may be it could work, but code seems to perfect tom me.
      with regards

alistu
      Participant

I see you have used Matlab program in OptiSystem Run Command box in the Matlab component. I suggest instead of that, you write your program in a separate .m file and only write the name of the file in Run Command and address it in the corresponding box in matlab component and then run the calculations.

Idahor Emmanuel
      Participant

Yes i have checked and i kinda fixed it… I fix one problem and another pops out. Its all part of the learning process i guess. I was able to call it as alitsu suggested but im having an error with my OutputPort1. From calculating the matlab component. The outputPort1 is the error now.

alistu
        Participant

Indeed it is a part of learning. I analyzed the modified system and realized your output is binary while your input is electrical. So when you use the command “OutputPort1=InputPort1”, you are creating an electrical output instead of a binary output. Besides, you never give the result of your calculations to the output vector in your program. Please verify if I am correct.

Viewing 11 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.