Home Forums GENERAL Interferometric Systems

Viewing 14 reply threads
  • Author
      BENYAHIA SOHEYB
      Participant

Hi,

Is it possible to simulate Interferometric Systems in Optisystem, If so, anyone has an example of that. Because i can’t find the mirrors in the component library.
      If no, any suggestions about a good software to do the simulation.
      Thanks in advance

Best regards

Aabid Baba
      Participant

Hello Benyahia,
      Could you please brief a little regarding the application you want to use inferometric system??
      Do you want to implement some kind of wavelength mixer ?? If so then we have fiber bragg gratings which could help you with that and for that you need optigrating.
      Regards

Hi Benyahia

Optiwave has a mach zender inteferometric structure in its library.
      See if you can use it to implement your design.

Or else let us know wht your design requirements are.What exacty do you want to use the inteferometric arrangement for ?..May be we can help.

Regards

Dr. Dhiman Kakati
        Participant

Hello everyone,
        You can have a look to working of MAch Zehnder interferometer structure as in this attache video, It show a very simple explanation with animation. Thanking you,

Regards,
        Dhiman

BENYAHIA SOHEYB
      Participant

Hi aabid baba, FAYIQA NAQSHBANDI

Well, my requirements are to design an interferometric system for absolute distance measurements, using an optical frequency comb which I still stuck in getting it since I’m newer in this field

Regards

Aabid Baba
        Participant

Hello Benyahia,
        I am unaware of interferometric systems. earlier i thought you were talking about inferometric systems but now i read it you have mentioned interferometric systems. Can you please explain a bit what actually your system should compose of and what it would do. May be people here get an idea about how it could be implemented.
        Regards

BENYAHIA SOHEYB
      Participant

Hi aabid baba

Well, I want to implement the system in the attached figure, and how can we use a femtosecond laser in optisystem.

Regards

Attachments:

Hi All

BENYAHIA SOHEYB, I think all components in the diagram u have attached can be implemented in optisystem itself. i think u might be having problem in finding mirror in optisystem but i think u can make use of grating i mean some fiber grating component that can reflect the wavelengths as was mentioned earlier by Aabid Baba. u should try it with this.

Regards

Burhan

Ranjeet Kumar
      Participant

Hi,
      I think we can’t design interferometric-systems in optisystem 13 0r 14 versions till date. Interferometric-systems is used in Fabry Parot laser and Mach–Zehnder interferometer and others optical devices.

Hi BENYAHIA

As burhaan already mentioned you can easily design the system using optiwave.For the mirrors i suggest you to go through the theorical background of the mach zender inteferometer.I guess the inteferometer also uses the mirrors for its operation.May be then you can replace all the mirrors shown in the image by the inteferometer.
      See if you can find it helpful.

Regards

Hi All

I believe fayiqa has put it rightly u can go through the mentioned components like those who use mirrors in there and see may be you might get the required design.
      optical interferometer, instrument for making precise measurements for beams of light of such factors as length, surface irregularities, and index of refraction. When it is very much related to light and optics it should be implemented in optiwave.

Regards

Burhan

Aabid Baba
      Participant

Hi all,
      Thanks for sharing some valuable points regarding these interferometric systems.
      regards

Hi All

Yeah it was something new with which we became familiar after a bit of research and discussion. Such discussions do give a feeling of satisfaction and content. Information was worth appreciation.

Best regards

Burhan

BENYAHIA SOHEYB
      Participant

Hi FAYIQA NAQSHBANDI,

You mentioned that : Optiwave has a mach zender inteferometric structure in its library.
      Where can I find it exactly

Rergards

Ranjeet Kumar
      Participant

Hi,
      The Mach-Zehnder modulator is an intensity modulator based on an interferometric principle. It consists of two 3 dB couplers which are connected by two waveguides of equal length. By means of an electro-optic effect, an externally applied voltage can be used to vary the refractive indices in the waveguide branches.
      The different paths can lead to constructive and destructive interference at the output, depending on the applied voltage. Then the output intensity can be modulated according to the voltage.
      So, we need to create interferometric systems seperately in optisystem.

varinder singh
      Participant

Hi Benyahia

Optiwave has a mach zender inteferometric structure in its library.
      See if you can use it to implement your design.The Mach-Zehnder modulator is an intensity modulator based on an interferometric principle. It consists of two 3 dB couplers which are connected by two waveguides of equal length. By means of an electro-optic effect, an externally applied voltage can be used to vary the refractive indices in the waveguide branches.
      with regards

varinder singh
      Participant

Hi All

Yeah it was something new with which we became familiar after a bit of research and discussion. Such discussions do give a feeling of satisfaction and content. Information was worth appreciation.

Best regards

Viewing 14 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.