Home Forums SYSTEM How to write MATLAB code that is to be called in Optisystem for OFDM

Viewing 6 reply threads
  • Author
      Gokul Boro .
      Participant

Hi,
      I am trying to design an Optical OFDM system in Optisystem. Since the OFDM block in Optisystem has limited functionalities, I am trying to design the system with the help of MATLAB. Can anyone suggest me how to write an OFDM code in MATLAB and call the same in OPtisystem. The MATLAB block’s input is to be driven by an input from a block in Optisystem. It will be better if someone provides the syntax for MATLAB code that is to be called in Optisystem. (eg. If we consider the design the DD-OFDM system given in this site, how do we write the MATLAB code for OFDM, considering we don’t use the OFDM block present in OPtisystem)

Thank you.

alistu
      Participant

Hi Gokul,

In order to call Matlab from Optisystem you have to use “Matlab Component” in External Software Tools library. I strongly suggest that you have a look at Optiwave official matlab component tutorials and videos to learn how the cosimulation goes. Please consider the following reply from Damian (forums moderator):

Matlab /Optisystem

Regards

Dr. Dhiman Kakati
      Participant

Dear Gokul, Please provide the paper you are trying to realize so that we are able to help you in an efficient manner, or your partial design file in optisystem.

Regards

Gokul Boro .
      Participant

Hi Alistu,
      I have already read all those pdf links but I couldnot understand it. Is it that line in the code “OutputPort1=InputPort1” which is to be added in the MATLAB code or is there some more codes that must be added so that it can be called in Optisystem.

alistu
        Participant

You can create a M-file containing your Matlab program and then put that M-file in the same folder as your osd file. Then, in Matlab component properties, write the name of your M-file in the run command. For example, if the name of your M-file is “odsmtransmitter”, you should type “ofdmtransmitter;” in the Run command.

Another way is writing your whole Matlab program in the run command. this way, you won’t use any M-file. I suggest that you try to recreate one of the Matlab component examples depicted in the tutorials by yourself.

Gokul Boro .
      Participant

Thank you everybody. I will try simulating the system following the procedures you cited. Hoping such suggestions in future too.

Rend Alrays
      Participant

Hi Gokul.. I’m working on the same subject that you are talking about but instead of writing an matlab code I’m using the simulink and till now I didn’t connect the two programs together .. when i ran the program the optisys stopped ..Do you have any information about it??

mohmmed sabah
      Participant

I have an ofdm matlab code , how can i import matlab cod to optisystem
      thanks a lot

Viewing 6 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.