Home Forums FDTD How to read data from .f3d /.xlsx/.txt file by using VB script?

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author
      Yun Dong
      Participant

Hi,

I’m trying to read data from .f3d/.xlsx/.txt file by using VB script.
      I mean saving date(a matrix representing EM field) into a variate for further calculation in the following script.
      Is there anyone can help me with the problem?

Thanks,
      Yun

Scott Newman

When you say processing it in VB script is this the VB script within OptiFDTD or are you trying to load it into perhaps Excel using VBA? You state the following script but the script is not attached, are you able to attach the script or perhaps explain what you would like to do with the script?

Yun Dong
      Participant

I mean the VB script is within OptiFDTD.
      I want to do feedback by using VB script.I think the procedure is like: 1. run simulation and the OptiFDTD will generate a result file 2.save the values of EM fields (Ex or Ey or Ez) to a variate C 3.process the values saved in C 4. change the simulation parameters and run simulation again
      All the things should be done by VB script within OptiFDTD.
      I don’t know how to do step 2 in OptFDTD.

Scott Newman

Yun,
      Depending on precisely what you want to measure and how you wish to change your design you likely do not need to save the files and read from them but instead get the results directly from the Analyzer using the script. I will be sending you the handouts from one of our webinars in which we do this for the optimization of a photonic crystal design.

Scott

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.