Home Forums BPM How to measure the angle between two arms

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author

for measuring the S bend arms how we can measure the angle between them? I used the auto cad and however I try to change the S bend sizes but still the angle is limited between 1 till 5, and I just can measure in auto cad, is it any possibility to measure inside the bpm? many thanks. please refer to the pictures.

This is the auto cad snapshot and in bpm the offset was 10 I mean from start was 0 then 10 the end, regarding to auto cad measuring the angle is 4 degree but I need let’s say 10 degree, and my channel is 4 micron or less. thanks

Damian Marek
        Participant

This might not be directly possible in OptiBPM, but what you could do is use the definition of the S bend to calculate the angle using the geometry. In your user reference the equation for the different s-bends are given as a function of position. Calculate the derivative to find the tangent line and then you can use that to find the angle.

still I have problem because in autocad also I cannot be sure the angle regarding to definition of s bend I got 1 degree but in autocad is around 2 degree please let me know how to measure the angle between two arms even s bend or two lines with angle, I need to know the precise angle. it is not about just s bend I need to know the angle between two arms of straight wave guide with slope.

Damian Marek
        Participant

In the s bend it sort of depends how you define the angle. The slope is constantly changing and so is the angle. For a straight line, the angle is simply the arctangent of the slope. It is simple to work out with a right triangle.

Regards

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.