Home Forums SYSTEM How to convert M-ary sgnal to binary signal

Viewing 10 reply threads
  • Author
      Debanjan Sarkar
      Participant

Hi all
      I want to connect two blocks i.e. output of M-ary threshold Detector to the input of parallel to serial converter.But unable to connect due to different signal type. How to connect these to blocks?
      Regards
      Debanajan Sarkar

alistu
      Participant

Hi Debanjan,

This is usually doen by using the decoding scheme corresponding to the coing scheme you have adopted at the transmitter to actually convert the binary signal into an M-ary signal in the first place. So can you please upload your design file if it is possible?

Damian had formerly suggested something, but I don’t think this would work in your case:

converter electrical signal to binary signal

Regards

Subhash Arya
      Participant

Try to use PSK decoder or any suitable decoder as suggested by Alistu and then connect parallel to serial converter.

Sasha
      Participant

Hello Debanjan,

As sir said you can use the PSK decoder. And also, In help section, in search tab, you can type “m-ary to binary” and click search you will get a list of all components related to m-ary to binary. You can choose the component what you are looking for.

Regards,
      Sasha

alistu
        Participant

Hi Sasha,

Thank you for your very good suggestion. However, I would like to add that since the search process seems to be done by matching the search words to the words of the help sections, not necessarily all the search results correspond to the components with M-ary inputs and binary output.

Regards

Dr. Dhiman Kakati
      Participant

Dear Debanjan,
      the ans is given in reply #26069 and #26100 you may find this helpful. please go through the attached image.

Regards

Dr. Dhiman Kakati
      Participant

attachment.

Attachments:
      alistu
      Participant

The reason I did not specifically name PSK decoder as the component that should be used for Debanjan’s purpose to solve his problem and have just mentioned “the decoding scheme regarding the coding scheme adopted” in my former reply was that I was not sure about the coding scheme used by Debanjan in his design. But what Subhash suggested is quite helpful if he has used PSK.

Debanjan Sarkar
      Participant

Thanks to all.
      I have not used any generator or decoder. so i cant use psk decoder or any other decoder.

Actually what i want to do is- I have used 8 bit stream. I have to divide it to I-arm i.e.even position bits and Q-arm i.e. Odd position bit. SO i have used Serial to parallel Converter. then i multiplied both the arm with cosine and sine wave receptively. Then i add the signal and send for receiver.
      IN receiver section i have follow the reverse process and at a stage i need to detect my signal so i used m-ary threshold detector in both arm. after that i need a parallel to serial converter as in transmitter section i used serial to parallel converter. but due to different signal type of output of threshold detector and input of converter i am unable to connect . please find the attachment where i have shown portion of my problem.
      please give a solution .
      regards

Attachments:
        alistu
        Participant

I am trying to find out a solution to this. In the meanwhile, I would like to know why you have used one threshold at the threshold detector component, while you have used three amplitude levels. You can either use onethreshold with two levels, or two thresholds with three levels. Please see if this needs modification.

Debanjan Sarkar
      Participant

Sorry alistu. I have done mistake ,Amplitude should be -1 1.Thank you.

alistu
        Participant

Now based on the corrected threshold values of -1 and 1 I have managed to make the binary sequence using the PAM decoders. Please see the file attached. You can see the exact M-ary sequence can be seen using a binary visualizer after each of the two Pam decoders and after the parallel to serial converter.

+1
      Debanjan Sarkar
      Participant

Thank you alistu. I will check and let you know.
      regards
      Debanjan

Debanjan Sarkar
      Participant

Dear alistu thanks for your help and i have successfully implemented my circuit and it is working properly with pam decoder.
      thanks to all.
      regards
      Debanjan

alistu
        Participant

You’re welcome Debanjan. I am glad to be hearing it.

Viewing 10 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.