Home Forums FIBER FWM via bidirectional optical fiber

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • Author
      adnan sabbar
      Participant

May any one help me to use bidirectional fiber to generate FWM?
      I used same parameters in both types, ordinary SMF and bidirectional fiber, but i did not see any idler when I used bidirectional fiber.
      Can any one tell me what is wrong please?

adnan sabbar
      Participant

More information, I am using tow pumps to be lunched with the signal, (nondegenerate FWM),
      pump1 wavelength = 1502.6 nm
      pump2 wavelength = 1600.6 nm
      pump1 power = 0.5 w
      pump2 power = 0.5 w
      nonlinear parameter= 10 w^-1.km^-2

Dr. Dhiman Kakati
      Participant

Hi Adnan Sabbar,
      Please provide with the design snapshot to get a better understanding of your implementation. looking at the parameters it seems to be acceptable but the might be some other parameters that need to be considered very carefully.

Regards,
      Dhiman Kakati

gaganpreet Kaur
      Participant

Hello sir i am not aware of using bidirectional fiber but using SMF and changing its parameters to be used as HNLF both show FWM generated idlers. u kindly check th ZDWL ie Zero dispersion wavelength settings.pump wavelengths shpuld be around that moreover bidrectional fiber may lead to pump signal propagation in opposite direction. kindly check this

adnan sabbar
      Participant

Hello Dhiman Kakati,
      attached the pictures represent the setup in both cases, with unidirectional and bidirectional HNLF. in first case (with unidirectional fiber) the FWM has been achieved. but in second case no.

adnan sabbar
      Participant

Hello Dhiman Kakati,
      attached the pictures represent the setup in both cases, with unidirectional and bidirectional HNLF. in first case (with unidirectional fiber) the FWM has been achieved. but in second case no.

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.