Home Forums SYSTEM FTTX

Viewing 16 reply threads
  • Author

HI EVERYONE
      I am doing my research in the (FTTX), by using WDM PON, as a network access,I need paper help me.
      And how they can be applied by using optisystem program.
      THANKS

Dr. Dhiman Kakati
      Participant

Hello mohammed ridha al-shamapti,
      Your rsearch topic is FTTX or FTTH using WDM-PON, Please Confirm.

Regards,
      Dhiman

Hello Dhiman Kakati
      Thanks for the answer, fiber to the cabinet (FTTC)

Dr. Dhiman Kakati
        Participant

I am also not aware to this, fiber to the cabinet. I found by googling that it uses metallic or copper wire at the user terminal. so, for doing or implementing it in optisystem There is not available the metallic wire portion, and I think for this you need to take support from another software such as MATLAB which you can integrate in optisystem.

Regards,
        Dhiman

Dr. Dhiman Kakati
          Participant

Hi mohammed ridha al-shamapti,
          Moreover I want to add that WDm-PON you can implement it using Optisystem. Plese have a look at the sample files provided from Optiwave side.

Regards,
          Dhiman

Hi Dhiman Kakati
          Do you have information on the FTTH, Is it possible to help me .
          because I do not have previously experiments on this topic, and I am think there are similarities between FTTH and FTTC.

Regards
          mohammed

Dr. Dhiman Kakati
          Participant

Fiber to the home is a technology for home delivery of communication signal over the fiber, this is to provide High speed connectivity to the end user which is somewhat problem to achieve using copper or coaxial cable because of low data rate. One specific kind of fiber named band insensitive fiber get a best application here. for research purpose you will get various paper by googling regarding this topic.

Regards,
          Dhiman

HI Dhiman Kakati

Thanks for everything

Regards
          mohammed

Ranjeet Kumar
      Participant

Hi mohammed ridha al-shamapti,
      I am uploading the papers related to wdm-pon networks.
      you can also get help from these links:
      http://ieeexplore.ieee.org/stamp/stamp.jsp?tp=&arnumber=6645106
      http://ieeexplore.ieee.org/stamp/stamp.jsp?tp=&arnumber=5032711
      http://ieeexplore.ieee.org/stamp/stamp.jsp?tp=&arnumber=5357385

Hope this will help you.

Attachments:

Thank you so much Ranjeet Kumar
        You always help others, I wish you all the best, I will read the articles and I hope that will help me thanks.

Regards
        mohammed

Dr. Dhiman Kakati
        Participant

It is nice to see some good papers from Ranjeet, Your work is highly appreciated.

regards,
        Dhiman

Hi Ranjeet Kumar,

could you please post a Examples osd. File about (FTTH) WDM PON network access or more references about that ? , please help

Regards
        mohammed

SAHIL SINGH
      Participant

Hi Ranjeet Kumar,

Thanks for the information related to WDN-PON Networks… Will surely try to look into the these papers for more relevant information… Hope
      mohammed ridha al-shamapti gets the desired help…

Regards
      Sahil Singh

Ranjeet Kumar
      Participant

Thank you so much Sahil Singh for your appreciation,
      I have posted some good IEEE research papers of WDM PON system and hope mohammed will get some help from it.

SAHIL SINGH
      Participant

Hi Ranjeet Kumar,

You are welcome Ranjeet and i have time and again mentioned it that you are one of the most active members on the forum…. The research papers from IEEE on WDM PON are indeed very informative and useful…

Regards
      Sahil Singh

You are welcome SAHIL SINGH

Regards
      mohammed

Dr. Dhiman Kakati
      Participant

Hello Everyone I am attaching here with a pdf that has nicely explained the FTTH implementation using Optisystem. You will definitely find this helpful.

Regards,
      Dhiman

Attachments:
      varinder singh
      Participant

helo sir..
      if you are working on fttx.. then these papers will help you..
      i hope you were able to do it.
      http://ieeexplore.ieee.org/stamp/stamp.jsp?tp=&arnumber=5357385
      with regards

Manoj Kumar
      Participant

Fiber to the home is a technology for home delivery of communication signal over the fiber, this is to provide High speed connectivity to the end user which is somewhat problem to achieve using copper or coaxial cable because of low data rate. One specific kind of fiber named band insensitive fiber get a best application here. for research purpose you will get various paper by googling regarding this topic.

Regards

Rajguru M. Mohan
      Participant

Hi,
      Wavelength Division Multiplexed PON
      There are many concepts concerning how WDM-PON may
      be implemented and several were studied in the context of
      NG-PON2. They are Externally seeded WDM-PON,Wavelength re-use WDM-PON , Tunable WDM-PON, Ultra-dense Coherent WDM-PON.
      WDM PON uses multiple wavelengths to
      provision bandwidth to ONUs, while OFDM PON employs a number of orthogonal
      subcarriers to transmit traffic from/to ONUs.With the WDM or OFDM technology,
      these PONs are potentially able to provide higher than 40Gb/s data rate and even
      Tera bps data rate. due to the high system cost.
      WDM PON allows each user being dedicated with one or
      more wavelengths, thus allowing each subscriber to access the full bandwidth
      accommodated by the wavelengths.

Here are links for WDM-PON as:
      http://ieeexplore.ieee.org/stamp/stamp.jsp?tp=&arnumber=4054038
      http://ieeexplore.ieee.org/stamp/stamp.jsp?tp=&arnumber=6360172

Thanks,

Hi
      i would like to add that there are three types of PON system, namely B-PON, G-PON and GE-PON. the GE-PON system has been developed and implemented it as a cost-effective optical access system with a high throughput. With a PON system, optical fibers and transmission devices are shared by multiple customers in order to provide FTTH services at low cost. This means that even when accommodating several customers at once, each customer can be provided with high-speed data transmission at a maximum data rate of 100 Mbit/s.
      Once fibers are deployed in the field, it would be a critical issue how to migrate to WDM-PON because current Time Division Multiplexing (TDM)- based PON solutions cannot exploit the huge bandwidth of the optical fibers and therefore will have difficulties in meeting ever-increasing demands for higher bandwidth by future network applications.

I hope this will be helpful.
      Thanks

I would also like to add that With the recent advancements in access networks the TDM PON, like Ethernet passive optical network (EPON) and Gigabit Passive optical network (GPON), are now widely used as optical access network solutions to distribute reasonably high bandwidths to the customers through an optical fiber network infrastructure. Researchers are aiming at optical access network concepts known as hybrid WDM/TDM access passive optical networks.
      Various techniques and components of the network are designed to achieve high data rate transmission to large bandwidth such as tuneable optical add/drop multiplexer (OADM) , colorless ONU , selfhomodyne and differential coding , a reflective semiconductor optical amplifier (SOA) and Bragg reflectors. The passive optical networks are constituted of a centralized
      OLT located in the central office and a number of ONUs located at the users premises to some distance away from the OLT.

I hope this is useful

Rajguru M. Mohan
      Participant

Hi Hamza Ali Abbas Khan,
      I agree to your points that there are three basic types of PON as APON, BPON and GPON.
      The use of ATM-based PON (APON and BPON), the achieved upstream and downstream aggregate bandwidths were in the order of
      155 Mbit/s up to 622 Mbit/s. Later, the use of time division multiplexing (TDM) permitted
      achieving capacities around 1.2 Gbit/s and 2.5 Gbit/s (downstream & upstream) according with
      the ITU-T G.984 G-PON standard. Advanced high-speed TDM based optical access systems
      up to 10Gbit/s for downstream and 2.5 upstream (XG-PON1) or 10Gbit/s/ for both downstream
      and upstream (XG-PON2), according with the ITU-T G.987 G-PON standard, have been
      developed and some field trials have been reported. Currently, standardized specifications by
      ITU exist for ATM-based PON (APON and BPON), gigabit-capable PON (GPON) and XG-PON
      and Ethernet PON (EPON) and 10G-EPON by IEEE.

For several years FSAN and IEEE have been working on the new international standard ITU-T
      G.989: 40-Gigabit-capable passive optical networks (NG-PON2) which general requirements
      have been defined on ITU-T G989.1 standard by March of 2013. However the PMD (ITU-T
      G989.2) and TC layer requirements (ITU-T G989.3) are still being discussed and are expected
      to be published soon.

Further research are going towards Next Generation PON: NGPON1 and NGPON2.
      Hybrid TDM and WDM PON are latest type of PON recommended by ITU-T.
      Thanks,

Karan Ahuja
      Spectator

Hi all
      I agree with Hamza Ali and Rajguru that there are three basic types of PON as APON, BPON and GPON. The use of ATM-based PON (APON and BPON), the achieved upstream and downstream aggregate bandwidths were in the order of 155 Mbit/s up to 622 Mbit/s. Later, the use of time division multiplexing (TDM) permitted achieving capacities around 1.2 Gbit/s and 2.5 Gbit/s (downstream & upstream) according with the ITU-T G.984 G-PON standard. Advanced high-speed TDM based optical access systems up to 10Gbit/s for downstream and 2.5 upstream (XG-PON1) or 10Gbit/s/ for both downstream and upstream (XG-PON2), according with the ITU-T G.987 G-PON standard, have been developed and some field trials have been reported. Currently, standardized specifications by ITU exist for ATM-based PON (APON and BPON), gigabit-capable PON (GPON) and XG-PON
      and Ethernet PON (EPON) and 10G-EPON by IEEE.Further research are going towards Next Generation PON: NGPON1 and NGPON2. Hybrid TDM and WDM PON are latest type of PON recommended by ITU-T.
      Hope this is helpful
      Regards

Aabid Baba
      Participant

Hello All,
      I agree with Dhiman that With the recent advancements in access networks the TDM PON, like Ethernet passive optical network (EPON) and Gigabit Passive optical network (GPON), are now widely used as optical access network solutions to distribute reasonably high bandwidths to the customers through an optical fiber network infrastructure. Researchers are aiming at optical access network concepts known as hybrid WDM/TDM access passive optical networks.
      In recent times we have reached various techniques and components of the network that are designed to achieve high data rate transmission to large bandwidth such as tuneable optical add/drop multiplexer (OADM) , colorless ONU , selfhomodyne and differential coding , a reflective semiconductor optical amplifier (SOA) and Bragg reflectors. The passive optical networks are constituted of a centralized
      OLT located in the central office and a number of ONUs located at the users premises to some distance away from the OLT.
      I hope this will be useful.
      Regards

Hi umer ashraf wani

Thank you very much for the help
      It’s very helpful articles thanks again

Regards

Viewing 16 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.