Home Forums SYSTEM BER TEST SET

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author
      Kanwarjeet Singh
      Participant

Hi,

Can someone help me out about the BER test set? I am not able to understand it. I went through many examples but i am not able to figure out how does this thing work.
      Could someone explain it precisely?

Thanks
      Regards
      Kanwarjeet

Gokul Boro .
      Participant

Mr. Singh, BER Test set is a 2-in-1 block. It act as PRBS Generator as well as BER calculator. This block has special processing design for the OFDM Systems.
      This block ignores the some errors in bits to calculate the BER. The bits ignored are basically that does not contain data transmitted.
      You can go through the component details i the help section of the component.

Regards.

Rajguru M. Mohan
      Participant

Hi Kanwarjeet,
      As we could calculate BER using the BER test set, the number of errors is counted and therefore the number of bits transmitted has to be large enough to obtain the BER value estimated.
      There are steps for this :
      First By using the system already designed, replace the Pseudo-Random Bit
      Sequence Generator component by the BER Test Set component;
      There after the electrical Low Pass Bessel Filter, introduce the Clock Recovery component to synchronize the input and output signals;
      Finally Clock Recovery component, introduce a Data Recovery component to convert the electrical signal to binary data;
      Fore further details visit this link:

BER Calculation Using the BER Test Set

Also BER Test Set generates a large bit sequence, transmits the bit sequence to DUT, and then compares the bit sequence it received from DUT to the transmitted bit sequence.

Thanks

Rajguru M. Mohan
      Participant

Hi Kanwarjeet,
      Bit error test set (BERTs) are a common feature in many test labs either as BER measuring devices, or as test pattern sources for other measurements. The two most common classes are: High Speed BERTs, typically used in design and manufacturing of high-speed components and the early phases of design of boards and systems.
      The BER Test Set (BERT) performs the direct error counting for one or more sweep iterations of a defined sequence length of bits. From this data it is possible to determine the bit error rate (BER) for each iteration and the running average of BERs. BER data is also provided for X, Y and X+Y polarization channels.
      Prior to performing the BER analysis of a system, it’s important to determine if guard bits and leading/trailing zeros will be needed.

For more details about Bit error test set (BERTs), you can also refer to optisystem component library pdf file.

Hope this will help you

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.