Home Forums SYSTEM FOPA

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author

Is it possible to simulate dual pump FOPAs based on photonic crystal fibers in optisystem?

Ahmad Atieh

Hello,
      As discussed by emails and based on your data, the general structure of the PCF can be modelled within the OptiBPM product, which can then in turn generate transfer matrices that can be used in OptiSystem to model the entire amplifier configuration.

The one limiting factor will be that gain in OptiBPM is accomplished through the complex refractive index. This means that the product must be run within an undepleted pump region of operation as gain and pump saturation are not modeled.

Both products have 30-day evaluations (link, you will need to setup an account) and I encourage you to download them and we can assist you in determining if the product can satisfy your requirements.
      regards,
      Optiwave team

Thank you for your response, i have gone through the basic operation of the software and done the example related to my work but i can’t seem to find a design example on holey or photonic crystal fibers so that i can teach myself on how to use this software for my work. Do you have any links i can follow to help me with designing PCF is OPTIBPM

Hi.
      i was directed to use the optimode design of PCFs but i cant seem to see how i can use this in optibpm. Please may you kindly direct me on how i can design a PCF in OptiBPM, is there a user manual for the optiBPM? i have managed to design the PCF in optimode but there is no facilite to export it to otpisystem?

Ahmad Atieh

Hello,
      Please open the OptiBPM component in OptiSystem and check the help button. It should provide you with more information on the data format and structure.

Regards,
      Ahmad

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.