Home Forums SYSTEM Fiber

Viewing 42 reply threads
  • Author
      jyoti raina
      Spectator

Hi evryone.. I am new to this software tool. Can anyone please tell me that is it necessary to enable dispersion and attenuation parameters in the optic fiber cable. The results do not get better when i enable them and are very much better when i keep them disabled… i will be grateful to u all.
      thanks

SAHIL SINGH
      Participant

Hi Jyoti Raina,
      First of all you are welcome to optiwave.. In case of ideal scenario it is preferable to keep the dispersion disabled,however in case of practical scenarios it is necessary to keep the enabled… Try this and check your results… Hope this will help..

Regards

jyoti raina
        Spectator

Thanks sahil for ur valuable suggestions..i appreciate ur help and concern. I wud definitely take this into consideration.

Hi Jyoti Raina

Welcome to the forum. Since in practical conditions we do face problems like dispersion and attenuation of signals. So u have to enable it in order to make your system practical enough . U would be running your system in ideal conditions if you disable it. And by the way u have many techniques for dispersion compensation and to reduce attention. You should opt for those techniques to get better result. Hope it helps.

Regards

Burhan

jyoti raina
        Spectator

hi burhan num….
        Thanks for the reply. you have put it right…. I must enable these parameters and check for the results and include other things that could better my results…You have mentioned it rightly i can use the dispersion techniques..here i would like to ask how can i overcome the attenuation which my system signals face..?/
        Any suggestions?

SAHIL SINGH
      Participant

Hi Burhan

You are right…. Nice explanation of the concept..

Regards

Sahil Singh

Naazira Badar
      Participant

Hi Jyoti..

Burhan has rightly said. Disabling those parameters would no matter give good results, but that’s not a practical thing. A fiber can never be without these losses. It would be a highly unrealistic system if you simulate results without those. Hence, I suggest you should take those into consideration and then employ techniques to mitigate their effects.

Regards.

jyoti raina
        Spectator

Hi naazira.. you are right a fiber can never be without these losses and it was my mistake that i was taking an ideal scenario for my system… It really becomes an unrealistic system this waay. I thank everyone of you for ur helpful suggestions. I will definitely implement these changes to my system and see how it works..

HELLO JYOTI
      As burhan has already mentioned that in practical conditions we do face problems like dispersion and attenuation of signals so for practical implementations you have to enable it in order to make your system practical enough…burhan is right in saying that you would be running your system in ideal conditions if you disable it and there is nothing like ideal scene. Hope you take all suggestions in account.
      Thanks and regards

jyoti raina
        Spectator

Hi @ fayiqa.. thanks for ur concern. It feels nice to see people responding and helping this way.
        Thank u everyone…I wud bring about these changes and check accordingly my results..

Naazira Badar
      Participant

Hi Jyoti..

You are welcome. I hope you make your system as practically significant as possible.
      All the best for the endeavors.

Regards.

Ranjeet Kumar
      Participant

Hi Jyoti,
      First welcome to optiwave software tool. I think it is necessary to enable dispersion and attenuation parameters in the optic fiber cable because if you will not enable these parameters fiber acts as ideal one not realistic. For better results you can change other parameters or take values of these parameters according to application to optimize the results.
      thanks you

jyoti raina
        Spectator

hi ranjeet
        thanks for the concern..i have taken the suggestion and kept both dispersion and attenuation both enabled..i have kept the default values 0.2 and 16.75 for attenuation and dispersion respectively… my design still works fine..
        thanks anyways

Jojo Mathew
      Participant

Hello Jyoti rana…. This is a reply to your question related to dispersion and attenuation parameters in the optic fiber cable…. If you wish to implement your project and to compare the results with the practical scenarios, then is is very essntial to take into account the dispersion and attenuation parameters in the optic fiber cable.
      Regards.

jyoti raina
        Spectator

hi jojo… i understand and have taken all the practical implications in mind.. i have kept evry possible situation in mind…
        thanks for the help anyways

Jojo Mathew
      Participant

Moreover, if you are trying to implement an ideal scenario, then you can ignore the dispersion and attenuation parameters in the optic fiber cable…
      Regards.

Hi All

You are welcome. it was basic thing that everyone of us working on this tool should be aware of as we cannot ignore our practical conditions. because these are the things that occur and there is no fun of designing a system that cannot be practically implemented. So Jojo Mathew i would suggest that we can never ignore the conditions that practically prevail.

Regards

Burhan

Naazira Badar
      Participant

Hi all..

I agree with Burhan. we can’t make every loss equal to 0 for our analysis. However, where multiple losses are involved, and you wish to study behavior of only few of those, the rest of the losses could be ignored, especially when there is a provision. No significant loss or parameter should be ignored.

Regards.

Tanveer
      Participant

Hello jyoti raina…
      I really appreciate the suggestions put forward by the members for explaining the basic things in detail..
      Let you firstly go through the ideal case….and then take practical parameters into consideration…
      i hope you will get the clear idea of conditions while comparing the two results..
      hope it helps..
      with regards

jyoti raina
        Spectator

thanks tanveer for your concern… i really appreciate your replies

love kumar
      Participant

hi jyoti ..

y u not trying for dispersion compensation techniques for maintaining the dispersion in your system.. set the dispersion slope according to your system specifications .. you can easily control it

jyoti raina
        Spectator

hello love kumar….
        i am not designing a complex system for now..i am designing a simple system and i have to analyze different results and the effect of different parameters on the performance of the system….anyway my BER is low for now and quality factor is high…if need arises then i would for sure use the dispersion compensation techniques as u people hv suggested in different comments…
        thanks anyways

Naazira Badar
      Participant

Hi love kumar. .

Dispersion compensation fibers ( DCF) could also be employed , isn’t it ?!

Regards.

jyoti raina
        Spectator

hi naazira….
        can i use dispersion compensation fibers for better performance…? can u please share some example of doing so..and also please i have posted another query can u please tell me why does that happen..i wud be grateful to u..
        thanks

Hi All

Yes Naazira dispersion compensation fiber is also one technique to get hold on the dispersion in the optical fiber and for attenuation like you can even change thee operating window and its better in the 3rd window i guess. Is it?

Regards

Burhan

HI BURHAN
        i agree with you and As far as operating windows are concerned we preferably work in 3rd window only because of low attenuation and least chromatic dispersion..What jyoti could do is rightly suggested by love kumar and naazira…she can use dispersion technique as well as the dispersion compensation fibers but cost is what she is going to keep in mind while choosing her options..
        Thanks and regards

jyoti raina
        Spectator

hi burhan…
        i am using 1553 nm wavelength and 193.1 – 193.8 Thz frequencies…i guess i am using the third window.. am i right or wrong??
        can u please help me..i have posted another query could u please tell me why my BER is high using loops..the eye diagram is not that much good..
        thanking u in advance

Hi FAYIQA

ohhhh yeah she has to employ one all this methods to get control over dispersion, attenuation and other loses that come into picture while designing a optical network in practical scenario. i hope she employs all these techniques to get better results in addition to employing her system in practical world.

Regards

Burhan

MHD NA
      Participant

In case of ideal scenario it is preferable to keep the dispersion disabled,however in case of practical scenarios it is necessary to keep the enabled

jyoti raina
        Spectator

thanks MHD….thanks 4 the suggestion…i have already included the dispersion effect and attenuation effects..anyways thanks

Naazira Badar
      Participant

Hi jyoti..

Well DCF are meant to mitigate the effects of dispersion which occurs to the pulses during propagation. So I believe employing these would surely help. You can go through the following link for few subtopics on dispersion compensation:

optiwave.com/category/optisystem-manuals/optisystem-tutorials/page/10/

Kindly copy paste the link address in another tab if it doesn’t open here.
      Also, could you mention the name of the other topic which are talking of ? I’d be glad to check it.

Regards.

jyoti raina
        Spectator

hello naazira badar… thanks fr ur reply..
        I understand that dispersion compensation fibers compensate dispersion losses bt i ll use it in future times.. currently my problem in with loop control..my BER results vary for two cases..i have started it in new topic..please check that..i hope u will answer there..
        thanking u in advance

love kumar
      Participant

i last talk i suggest you to implement DCF fiber to mitigate the effect of dispersion .. symmetrical dispersion compesation give best result.. this techniuque also take care of attenution.. as you said ber is low n q factor is high … thats mean your system is is under utilize state .. increase just fiber length n employ DCF ..

jyoti raina
        Spectator

hi love kumar..thanks for the suggestion..can u please post an example i mean simulation file where DCF has been used..i need to look at it..please i wud be grateful to u..thanking in advance

SAHIL SINGH
      Participant

Hi Jyoti Raina,

You can definitely use dispersion compensation fibers for better performance… look out for dispersion compensation fibers in the tutorials of the optisystem… It will surely be of great help to you….

Regards

Sahil Singh

jyoti raina
        Spectator

thanx sahil singh for ur kind suggestion..

Naazira Badar
      Participant

Hi Jyoti raina..

What exactly is the name of your topic. Kindly let me know so that I can search it and try helping you.

Regards.

HI NAAZIRA..
      here is the link where she has put her new query..i am posting the link..please follow it..

fiber looping

Thanks and regards

jyoti raina
      Spectator

hi naazira…here is the link of that topic..

fiber looping

Hi jyoti raina

In regards to your query about DCF and its example i would suggest u to go through following tutorials and few links that can help you out. And as Naazira asked will u please specify about your project, we might help u out precisely.

Optimizing Power and Dispersion Compensation for Nonlinear RZ Transmission

https://optiwave.com/category/optisystem-manuals/optisystem-tutorials/page/10/

DCF

Regards

Burhan

jyoti raina
        Spectator

hi burhan…thanx for ur concern..i have already gone through link as it was posted by someone elz also but it uses two fibers and in between an amplifier and i in my circuit use only one fiber and check the results..bt still i appreciate ur help…it has helped me a lot..
        thanx

Naazira Badar
      Participant

Hi Jyoti Raina..
      Thanks for posting the link. I would check it and see if I can help.

Regards.

Naazira Badar
      Participant

Hi Jyoti Raina..

I believe I have already commented on that post. All the best.

Regards.

SAHIL SINGH
      Participant

Hi Jyoti Raina,

Yes you definitely can use dispersion compensation fibers for enhanced system performance.. Infact,several techniques, including Dispersion Compensating Fiber or Fiber Bragg Grating, can be used to compensate the accumulated dispersion in the fiber… This will surely improve the performance.. For examples,please check the following link…

Dispersion Compensation Schemes – A System Perspective

Hope it helps..

Regards

Sahil Singh

Ranjeet Kumar
      Participant

You are welcome jyoti raina,
      Thank you for considering my suggestions, i will look forward to help you if required, It was really a good question which must be discussed.

Tanveer
      Participant

thank you jyoti raina….this forum is meant to help each other…
      happy to see that queries get addresses here so nicely…
      with regards
      tanveer

Hi Jyoti Raina

You are welcome. Hope this helps u out whatever was discussed in this post. best of luck with your project.

Cheers!

Regards

Burhan

jyoti raina
        Spectator

thanx burhan mam..i learned alot from the discussion and i hv learned new things n i hope i keep learning new things about this software…it was very helpful indeed..thanx to all of u..

MHD NA
      Participant

we do face problems like dispersion and attenuation of signals. So u have to enable it in order to make your system practical enough . U would be running your system in ideal conditions if you disable it. And by the way u have many techniques for dispersion compensation and to reduce attention. You should opt for those techniques to get better.

jyoti raina
        Spectator

thanx mhd na…i hv already enabled the dispersion and attenuation options bt still thanx for ur kind suggestions…i wud in future like to knw hw can i use the dispersion compensation technique if need arises..i vl definitely take help of u people here..thanx to all for the help..

Hi MHD NA

As previously suggested by many forum members. its not ethical of u to copy paste the comments of others and post them again. As it is quite annoying when u mention the same things which the other member has already mentioned. Please refrain from this. This forum is meant to learn and help other.Hope u understand.

Regards

Burhan

jyoti raina
        Spectator

i agree with burhan mam… discussions are good platform for removing of doubts..

Naazira Badar
      Participant

Hi Jyoti Raina..

You are most welcome. All the best.

Regards
      Naazira.

jyoti raina
      Spectator

thanx naazira fr ur help…

SAHIL SINGH
      Participant

Hi all,

I too agree with Burhan Num Mina llah that discussions are a good platform for clearing doubts and let us be thankful to this forum for providing us a common platform for providing valuable suggestion of others in removing our doubts…

Regards

Sahil Singh

jyoti raina
      Spectator

thanx ol fr ur wonderful suggestions n help..

SAHIL SINGH
      Participant

Hi Jyoti Raina,

You are welcome… Also as mentioned previously optiwave is a good platform for clearing doubts..

Regards
      Sahil Singh

jyoti raina
      Spectator

yes i agree sir…

aasif bashir dar
      Participant

hi joyti
      in practical conditions we do face problems like dispersion and attenuation of signals so for practical implementations you have to enable it in order to make your system practical
      Thanks and regards

ZULKARNAIN
      Participant

hi jyoti raina..
      I think it is necessary to enable dispersion and attenuation parameters in the optic fiber cable because if you will not enable these parameters fiber acts as ideal one not realistic and i think we should take these parameters into consideration as otherwise it will become an unrealistiv design.So for better results you can change other parameters or take values of these parameters according to application to optimize the results.
      with regards

Aabid Baba
      Participant

Hi all,
      I Guess the problem was solved a long ago. I think better avoid discussing the old posts.
      Regards

SAHIL SINGH
      Participant

Hi Jyoti Raina,

You are welcome and optiwave forum is meant for helping us all…

Regards
      Sahil Singh

Viewing 42 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.