Home Forums FDTD Failed FDTD simulation with imported 3d models

Viewing 12 reply threads
  • Author

Hi,

The FDTD simulation is getting failed soon after the start when I use more than one imported spheres (IGES format). It works well with (i) only one imported sphere (ii) one imported sphere and one/more inbuilt spheres.

Please help me with this.

Scott Newman

As there are a number of potential issues with IGES formats, are you able to share the IGES file you are using for your sphere so I can attempt to reproduce the issue?

Scott

Scott Newman

As there are a number of potential issues with IGES formats, are you able to share the IGES file you are using for your sphere so I can attempt to reproduce the issue?

Scott

Hi, Thanks for the response. I am attaching both the .igs file for sphere (created in AutoCAD) and the FDTD designer file having two of those spheres and one in-built sphere. As I have mentioned in my earlier question, the simulation works either with only one imported sphere or along with an additional inbuilt sphere. It wont work with two imported spheres in any case.

Hi, Thanks for the response. I am attaching both the .igs file for sphere (created in AutoCAD) and the FDTD designer file having two of those spheres and one in-built sphere. As I have mentioned in my earlier question, the simulation works either with only one imported sphere or along with an additional inbuilt sphere. It wont work with two imported spheres in any case.

Scott Newman

Hi, I have been testing with your design and the IGES files and I have been unable to reproduce any crash in the simulation. Can you confirm what version of the product you are using.

Scott

Scott Newman

Hi, I have been testing with your design and the IGES files and I have been unable to reproduce any crash in the simulation. Can you confirm what version of the product you are using.

Scott

Hi, I am using OptiFDTD Ver 16.0.1.2499 on a on a system with Windows 11 OS. Is there a chance that Window 11 will pose any problem?

Hi, I am using OptiFDTD Ver 16.0.1.2499 on a on a system with Windows 11 OS. Is there a chance that Window 11 will pose any problem?

Scott Newman

I have been able to test the product with your design on a Windows 11 machine and surprisingly I have been able to reproduce your reported bug. I will need to get the dev team to investigate this.

Scott

Scott Newman

I have been able to test the product with your design on a Windows 11 machine and surprisingly I have been able to reproduce your reported bug. I will need to get the dev team to investigate this.

Scott

Thanks for your efforts. Hope the problem will be resolved soon.

Aseefhali

Thanks for your efforts. Hope the problem will be resolved soon.

Aseefhali

Viewing 12 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.