Home Forums SYSTEM Eye Diagram for rz

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
      Shahbaz Qureshi
      Participant

Is this eye diagram acceptable because eye diagram obtained for NRZ for the same system gives proper eye diagram. Im not sure if eye digram for RZ is appropriate?

It is attached below.

Attachments:
      alistu
      Participant

Hi Shahbaz,

The proper eye diagram for a system with RZ scheme is actually different from a one with NRZ scheme. Here I have attached a useful file in this regards, which not only explains this, but also discusses some of the difficulties of using RZ scheme in comparison with NRZ scheme in optical systems. You may just as well compare the eye diagrams in the file.

Regards

MHD NA
      Participant

Hi Shahbaz;
      The acceptance of Eye diagram shape depends on the achieved Q-factor, so in your attached photo Q=22 which must be at least equals to 6.
      Since you achive high value for Q-factor, the obtained eye diagram is accepted.
      We should mention here that eye differs in the same project according to parameters of compentants such as Laser power and fiber length… so these considerations should be taken also when you design optical system.

Regards,

Shahbaz Qureshi
        Participant

Thanks for the document, Alistu. It was quite helpful.
        Thanks Namera. I understand that now. I was just confused if it would be acceptable or not because it looked a bit different. But I guess I was able to obtain a good Q factor So I can use this eye diagram.

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.