Home Forums GENERAL Eye Diagram Anomaly

Viewing 6 reply threads
  • Author
      Gede Teguh
      Participant

Usually the eye diagrams only have one curve at top and bottom, but why i got two curve at top and bottom. Anyone know what the meaning of this ? Thank you

Gede Teguh
      Participant

Pls help me guys. Many thanks before

Hello Gede Teguh,

As i could understand this may be because of various reasons. You may have increased the bandwidth of multiplexer beyond optimum value. That could lead to such equation. I myself had once come across such phenomenon but the reason was i was increasing bandwidth of multiplexer beyond 100 GHz. You may have look at the bandwidth parameter. I hope this may help.

Regards

Burhan

Gede Teguh
        Participant

yeah it turns, i did use the bandwidth above the maximum value. could you tell me what the relation between bandwidth and impact to BER ? Thank you burhan

Hello Gede,

There have been number of discussions related to this topic as correctly mentioned by Aabid but Yeah but unfortunately a significant conclusion hasn’t been reached yet that what is the relationship between the two. Certainly there is some relation and it needs to be explored.

Regards

Burhan

Aabid Baba
      Participant

Hello Gede,
      I agree with Burhan Num Mina on this. She may be right in saying that it may be because of variation of few parameters particularly the Bandwidth (MUX or filter).
      I presume this has somewhere discussed on the forum when increasing bandwidth led to this sort of eye diagram for a particular simulation. I hope this will be quite helpful to you.
      Regards

Aabid Baba
      Participant

Hello Here,
      As far as your query about the relationship between bandwidth and BER is concerned i would would like to mention that this issue has been discussed several times because bandwidth has an impact on performance of the system and it has been seen by various other forum members but unfortunately a significant conclusion hasn’t been reached yet that what is the relationship between the two. I hope in future someone with a logical reason would be able to explain it.
      I hope this is helpful. Thanking you.
      Regards

Hi
      Your problem with the eye diagram could be exactly because of what Mr Burhan has mentioned i.e increases bandwidth of the mux or demux or any other filter you are using in your system design. Such thing can lead to this unusual eye diagram.
      Also the relation you are asking about the bandwidth and BER has been rightly mentioned by Mr Aabid. I hope this will help you.
      Thanks
      Regards

Aabid Baba
      Participant

Hello Burhan Num Mina llah,
      There is still lot of confusion over the performance-bandwidth relation. I Think the performance improves upto some value of the bandwidth and may be we can call it optimum value of bandwidth and it has been also seen that increasing bandwidth to very high values , the eye diagrams become haphazard as in this case. So we may conclude that we should increase bandwidth only to a point when our performance is better and stop increasing it beyond the optimal value.
      Regards

Gede Teguh
      Participant

Hello devendra. Can i said, it caused by Cross Phase Modulation (XPM) ?

Gede Teguh
      Participant

thanks. I hope you have some reference to study about BER or eye diagram 🙂

Viewing 6 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.