Home Forums SYSTEM Exporting results from "polarization analyzer" module

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
      mikael walters
      Participant

Hello guys,

I’ve been trying to export the azimuth polarization angles from the polarization analyzer module but with no avail. I was wondering if anyone could give me some advice on exporting the azimuth polarization angles for 100 sweeps into and excel sheet or via using the fork and sampling the optical signal using a matlab component to export all the azimuth polarization angles into matlab’s workspace.

Thank you and have a nice day.

Attachments:
      Damian Marek
      Participant

Hi,

Take a look at the script example I made in another forum post:

BER vs Wavelength

In your case you could create a Polorization Analyzer and then use a command:

Canvas1_ComponentPolarizationAnalyzer.GetResultValue(“Sampled signal azimuth (deg)”)

mikael walters
      Participant

Hi Damian,

Thank you for getting back at me, I referred to some of the tutorials from optisystem_vbscripting_ref_guide.pdf and did some modifications to my script, it seems as though it can’t output all the sweeps polarization angles and the script is just ‘outputing’ a single result in my results.txt file in this case happens to be selection 1 which is ‘0’. As attached below is the script which I used. How do i output all the sweep iterations results instead. Do i use a for loop to call for each sweep iteration?

Thank you and have a nice day.

Attachments:
        Damian Marek
        Participant

Yes you need to use a loop like in the example found in the OptiSystem_VBscripting_ref_guide.pdf, which itself is in the directory:

C:\Program Files\Optiwave Software\OptiSystem 13\documentation

The exact script can be found under Additional projects->Exporting sweeps to file

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.