Home Forums FDTD Export mode from mode solver to OptiFDTD

Viewing 9 reply threads
  • Author
      Noha Anous
      Participant

Hi,

Please I want to know if it is possible to export the modes obtained by OptiMode in order to use them in OptiFDTD.
      If that’s possible, how can I do it?

Thanks in advance

Damian Marek
      Participant

From the OptiMode Analyzer window there is a tab for exporting the modal field as a magnitude, phase or full complex field. It will save the file as a .f3d file. You can then use the From file option in an Input Plane you have placed in your OptiFDTD simulation. Just first set the Input Field Transverse to User Defined and then navigate to the 3D Transverse tab to choose the files to load from.

Regards

Noha Anous
      Participant

Thanks a lot,
      That’s very useful,

but this implies that I have to do 3D simulation not 2D, right?
      Because in 2D, an error keeps appearing to me: cannot initialize input field.

As for 3D, it seems to be working but it gives me the message that the no. of points in the exported field is not the same as that in the designer file, and I’m trying to solve this now.

Thanks a lot.

Regards,

Noha Anous
      Participant

Hi,

It’s not working .. I had the mesh sizes adjusted but still gives me the same message,

any hint about what numbers should I adjust and how to make the mesh sizes match?

Thanks a lot

Damian Marek
        Participant

Hi Noha,

Could you attach your OptiMode project file and the OptiFDTD project file you are trying to bring the information into?

Regards

Noha Anous
      Participant

Yes, sure
      I tried again to check my files an parameteres so as not to waste your time, but still I’m having this mesh size mismatch problem!

The files are attached here.

Thanks in advance

Kaminow_imitate is the file I’m trying to export the modes into.

Attachments:
      Noha Anous
      Participant

Example 1 is the Optimode exported file

Attachments:
      Noha Anous
      Participant

And this is the design file of OptiMOde

Attachments:
      Noha Anous
      Participant

Also, please, I have something confusing me, how can I choose the FD solver parameters to guarantee correct mode solution?
      I mean the mesh size and the dimensions of Krylov subspace.

Thanks a lot.

Damian Marek
        Participant

Hi again,

I could only get back to your question now sorry for the wait. When importing fields into OptiFDTD you need to make sure the mesh either corresponds correctly to your simulation or you use the mesh converter to change the input file to the correct mesh. In your case you are using 100 x 133 mesh CELLS in your xy plane for OptiFDTD, so in OptiMODE you need to use 101 x 134 mesh POINTS.

Regards

is nice question I was thinking to ask the same thing many thanks about it. like 🙂

nouh younes
      Participant

I an nouh from Algeria. i give you article of ractic
      iam in doctorat baut i am suffer if you want we work all for findig a solution

Attachments:
        Paulo Lourenco
        Participant

Hi there.

It has been a long time since you asked it and maybe you have already done it but, have you tried to answer yes when asked for normalization…?

Best regards.

Viewing 9 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.