Home Forums SYSTEM error vector magnitude

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
      Monika Mehra
      Participant

what is the acceptable value or range of of EVM or %EVM for the coherent optical QPSK or QAM system.

alistu
      Participant

Hi Monika,

One thing you can do is to find the corresponding EVM to the acceptable BER in your system. I have read in a paper doing this for QPSK (I don’t know if it was coherent) that the corresponding error vector magnitude was about 10% for BER of 10e-9 (or 10e-12, I don’t remember the exact value). But I suggest you do it yourself.

Regards

Monika Mehra
      Participant

thanke alitsu for ur reply. I will try to find evm according to ur suggestions.
      I have one more question that if i compare the two systems using %evm ,the system with more or less value of evm will be better.or should i consider some other parameter with evm

alistu
        Participant

You’re welcome Monika. EVM is short for error vector magnitude, so it corresponds to system error in some way. Therefore, the less the EVM parameter, the better the system performance. If you obtain the figures I suggested you to get in my previous comment, you will see this very clearly.

Regards

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.