Home Forums SYSTEM error in interfacing multi input single output matlab component

Viewing 6 reply threads
  • Author
      Marvi grover
      Participant

hello everyone

i have to interface a 4 input 1 output matlab component in optisystem. please refer to the optisystem and matlab file attached. when i simulate it, it gives me an error of “undefined class OutputPort1” . my motive of using the matlab component is that, it takes 4 inputs and at the output ,it sends the signal which has maximum power among the 4 input signals.
      please tell me how can i remove this error

if i am using “OutputPort1=Inputport1” then it just gives output as the signal at input port 1 without comparing it with other signals in terms of power.
      please help me with this…..i will be really very grateful
      regards
      marvi

Marvi grover
      Participant

this is the matlab file for the program

Prarthana Kashyap
      Participant

Hi Marvi grover,
      can you please upload the optisystem design file. I am also going to implement in this way as you are doing.

Regards

Dr. Dhiman Kakati
      Participant

Hi Marvi grover, I agree to miss praethana that without looking at you design in optisystem it is confusing to suggest you from my side. I need some more information regarding the signal output type which you are trying to give at the input of the MATLAB written program. is it in the bit form or in an RF wave form. Please let me know.

Regards,
      Dhiman

Marvi grover
      Participant

yes …sure . iam attaching the osd file

Hi Marvi grover

Can you please tell me that have you designed this code yourself??? Or was it already available.. Actually the reason for asking was that whatever codes for optisystem i have come across they initially equalize all the incoming signals to the output port(s) by writing
      Outputport 1= InputPort 1
      Outputport 1= InputPort 2
      Outputport 1= InputPort 3
      Outputport 1= InputPort 4
      I don’t know if it works for you or not..

Regards

Burhan

prakash jat
      Participant

hi marvi
      1. are you considering effect of 4 beam interference at matlab input? if yes ,then we can’t do so in optisystem
      2.again how do you select max. power before pin or apd ? if no , then we need to select after pin or apd( means matlab shoud be used after pin or apd)

Viewing 6 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.