Home Forums BPM Error encountered while performing simulation of MZI- switch

Error encountered while performing simulation of MZI- switch

Profile Photo
(joined June 2019)
Participant

Kindly let me know about the error encountered while I was performing the simulation of the MZI-Switch. I am not knowing how to rectify this error and the cause behind it. Please suggest me an appropriate way to rectify it and perform the simulation smoothly.

Attachments:

Responses (4):

Profile Photo
    Dr.Sudip Roy
    Participant

Kindly let me know about the error encountered while I was performing the simulation of the MZI-Switch. I am not knowing how to rectify this error and the cause behind it. Please suggest me an appropriate way to rectify it and perform the simulation smoothly.

Attachments:
    Profile Photo
    Scott Newman
    Participant

Hello Dr. Roy,

It would appear from the error message that there is an issue with the mode solver used in the source injection. Would it be possible for you to attache the design file so I can take a look?

Scott

Profile Photo
    Dr.Sudip Roy
    Participant

I have enclosed the design file, Mr.Scott Newman. Pls let me know about it as soon as possible

Profile Photo
    Scott Newman
    Participant

I have reviewed your design and and the error and I have confirmed that my original statement was correct. The error you are encountering is because the mode solver has determined that the structure you have does not support a mode at 1.3um.

Looking into your design I see that your waveguide has a refractive index of 1.5 while the surrounding material has a refractive index of 2.1 which means that this structure will not support a mode and therefore why the simulation is terminating with the error.

Your waveguide should have a higher refractive index than the surrounding material.

Scott

Profile Photo
    Dr.Sudip Roy
    Participant

Thank you for your prompt reply, Mr.Scott Neuman. I was able to resolve this issue. I am also facing another problem. While simulating the NOR-Gate, my output is getting distorted. Earlier I have faced the same problem while simulating MZI too. I am enclosing the screenshots and design files for your kind perusal. Please let know about it as soon as possible.

Login You must be logged in to reply to this topic.