Home Forums SYSTEM Erroneuos BER Analyzer

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
      Cristian Bautista
      Participant

Hello everyone.
      I’m new at this. I´m trying to run an Optisystem simulation of a 4-QAM coherent system (version 7.0), but it doesn’t work. What I’m trying to obtain is the Eye Diagram while I change the lenght of the fiber through iterations, but it doesn’t make any effect in the BER analyzer (It shows always the same response).
      I´ve taken a sample from the folder that comes with the installation to run the simulation, and when I watch the output on the Electrical Constellation Visualizer, it does show what I am trying to watch on the BER Analizer (changes in the signal as I change the fiber length).
      I don’t understand what’s going on. Can someone help me, please?. But I don’t can upload the simulation file. It’s heavy.

Thank you all!

adnan sabbar
      Participant

I think you can not use BER analyzer with any digital modulation format. try to use BER test set. and draw the constellation diagram.

Cristian Bautista
      Participant

Hi Adnan Sabbar, thank by your response.
      I searched ‘BER test set’, but my version of optisystem (version 7.0) doesn’t have ‘BER test set’. What I could use instead of ‘BER test set’?
      Thank by your help.

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.