Home Forums SYSTEM Donut Transverse mode generator

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author
      Sasha
      Participant

Hello all,

I want to know how to give Pol.X m index array in this component.

Thanks in advance.

Sasha
      Participant

I am looking for donut ring shape output. Please help me out.

Thanks in advance.

Sasha
      Participant

Hello all,

I tried using the donut mode generator and transmitted one mode (0,0) through the Measured index multimode optical fiber and I got multiple modes at the output of the fiber. Totally I got 0 to 49 modes. When I saw the spatial visualizer report calculation, I got list of output nodes and power of the nodes. But when I viewed the output in spatial visualizer, mode 0 and 1, mode 6 and 7, mode 27 and 28, looks like same at the output screen.

Can anyone please clarify ?
      I am attaching the spatial visualizer report calculation and a picture of the file and osd file.

And also I used the single mode fiber and linear multimode fiber and I got the output.
      In single mode fiber, I got only mode 0 as output even when I transmitted more than one mode.
      In multimode fiber, I got the output modes what I have transmitted at the input.

When I saw the donut mode component description, it converts the single mode into multiple modes.
      This multimode conversion is happening at the measured index multimode fiber.

Why this conversion is not working in Linear MMF and SMF?

Thanks in advance.

Damian Marek
        Participant

You’ll notice that those two components are not within the Multimode library and thus do not work with the spatial modes generated by your transmitter. When working with multimode components they should have the small mode icon on the component. If you want to mix single mode components and multimode components you can but keep in mind that the will have no effect on the spatial mode they will only change the sampled signals (noise bins and parameterized signals too!).

Sasha
      Participant

I am attaching the osd file.

Attachments:
      Sasha
      Participant

I am attaching the spatial visualizer report calculation and a picture of the file .

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.