Home Forums SYSTEM DDO-OFDM-DWDM-64QAM

Viewing 9 reply threads
  • Author
      ali
      Participant

I got a paper simulation. But when the program runs is stuck, please help.
      The article also send

Attachments:
      Ashu verma
      Participant

Hello Alireza
      Can you please attach your system file for more understanding?You can also share the screen shot of the system
      What type of problem you are facing,is there a massage of not responding?or ay simulation warning?
      For just information,have you already made a 35 channel WDM system using OFDM for 1.05 Tb/s?

alistu
      Participant

Hi Alireza,

I have also worked on optical OFDM systems and have simulated some of Dr Matin’s students’ works regarding this subject to reproduce the results. I haven’t seen your simulation yet and if you attach it here, we can help you better. But I can tell you that if you use Optisystem’s DDO-OFDM sample file (in Optisystem samples folder) to make this system, you’ll have no problem reproducing it. Just use a demux, copy the optisystem DDO-OFDM sample to make them as many as the number of users, and then set each user’s lasers’ frequencies to those mentioned in the paper and that’s it!

Cheers!

ali
      Participant

Thanks to all friends
      I ATTACH my simulation file

alistu
        Participant

Found the problem! I have been working on the same subject and I also encountered the same problem when I was simulating one of Alatawi’s works. I contacted him 2 months ago and he told me that in his simulations, he had not considered the nonlinear effects of the fiber at all. You must do the same thing to get the same result as he did.

Cheers!

alistu
      Participant

Another thing I have noticed in your simulation is that you haven’t used the proper values for the optical amplifiers. you must consider the overall attenuation (or loss) of each line and then determine the optical amplifiers values. By the way, if you want to consider the nonlinear effects, lower your laser powers, say, to -5dBm to avoid signal corruption.

ali
      Participant

Thanks to guide you
      Can you do that you say to non-linear changes and also the appropriate values for optical amplifier, for example, for four-channel WDM and two loop implementation and get the desired result? Because I can not get the desired result for BER and constellation
      If you did, please attach result

alistu
        Participant

In order to disable nonlinearities, you need to disable the nonlinearities in your optical fibers’ properties sections where there is a tag “nonlinearities”. And for the optical amplifiers to have the same amount of amplification as the amount of attenuation caused by the optical fibers, you are going to have to multiply each optical fiber’s length by its attenuation (or loss) and then put the value of the corresponding optical amplifier equal to that.

alistu
      Participant

Oh, and I have to add, nonlinearities exist in optical fibers and if you disable the optical fiber line nonlinearities, then the results you get are not reliable. So is the case with the paper you are trying to reproduce whose results. So I suggest that instead, you lower the power of all the lasers to, say, 0 dBm, lower the bit rate and shorten the length of the fiber and get more realistic results instead.

alistu
      Participant

Dear Hadi, The work done in the paper you have attached has been done as part of a master’s thesis. I recommend that you have a look at the thesis “High Data Rate Coherent Optical OFDM System for Long-Haul Transmission” done in university of Denver. At the end of the thesis, all related paper, including the one attached here, are there.

ali
      Participant

thank you alistu
      Is simulation file in this case that would help me do you know?

alistu
        Participant

You’re welcome. Hadi. I do not have the simulated files of the project but as far as I am concerned, the EXACT previous OptiSystem versions CO-OFDM sample has been used to do the simulations of the project. I suggest that you also start with the same file. Then use MUX and DEMUX to make a WDM system.

alistu
      Participant

I am sorry I realized you are using direct detection and not coherent detection, as in the thesis I suggested. But it does not matter as long as you use the DDO-OFDM sample file from optisystem. Just use the OFDM components with optisystem 12 OFDM components to acquire the same results as the paper you are trying to simulate.

Viewing 9 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.