Home Forums FDTD how to create nano-arc in xy plane

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author
      jmyswmn
      Participant

I am trying to investigate the Localized Surface Plasmon Resonance of nano arcs. Since optiFDTD only uses xy and yx planes as input, I need to create nano-arcs laying on either of those planes. Unfortunately, optiFDTD only allows me to create nano-arcs laying on the yz plane by using a waveguide object. In general, I would like to investigate other shapes as well and to learn how to create more general 3D shapes.

What is the recommendation? Thanks.

Damian Marek
      Participant

I’m not sure if it exactly what you want, but you can make user defined profiles. Go to page 136 of the OptiFDTD User Reference Manual to read how to do it.

jmyswmn
      Participant

Thanks for the response!

I need to create a piece of gold fiber laying on the xy plane. This piece of fiber is bent in an arc-shape laying on the xy plane. That is, the bending is around z axis.

I know how to achieve this on xz plane by using arc-waveguide object. This creates a piece of fiber arc on the xz plane. Is there a way to rotate this fiber-arc so that it lays on xy plane?

Since my source input plane is xy, I need to lay the fiber on a xy plane instead of xz plane in order to study the side-scattering property of the nano-arc. I could not see how the user defined profile will help here. Any suggestions?

Amr Elaryan
      Participant

Hello,
      I guess you can use horizontal source zy plane, if you wish

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.