Home Forums GENERAL Control of Modes in MMF

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author
      Aadil Raza
      Participant

Can we have control on the differents modes traveling in MMF? I mean I want to control the mode delay and phase by some means in MMF. if yes then how can we do this in optisystem?

Damian Marek
      Participant

You can import a text file of mode delays and coupling coefficients into the Linear Multimode Fiber component in OptiSystem. The Help button will explain the format of the text file and exactly how it is modeled.

Regards

Ashu verma
      Participant

Appericiated Damian,i would like to know how can we exite Lp modes ? And then transmitt to SMF from MMF.Since SMF do not support LP modes then is there any solution ?

Aadil Raza
      Participant

Damian thanks. More precisely, I am actually looking for the way to control modes in spatial MMF. Please help me regarding this. Can we get the desire phase and delay at the fiber output by some mechanical way or programming ?

Damian Marek
      Participant

In an experimental setting I believe using phase plates and photonic lanterns are two popular choices. Unfortunately, both of these components are not currently available in OptiSystem. You should be able to do this with the Matlab component.

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.