Home Forums FIBER Calculating penetration depth in optifiber

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
      Suchi Das
      Participant

Hello users,
      I am a new user of Optifiber licensed version. I have tried to calculate the number of LP modes inside a multimode fiber. But is there any provision to find the penetration depth of each LP modes like LP01, LP02, LP03 etc. (as we know that lower order LP modes have lower penetration depth to the cladding than the higher order modes).
      I will be very grateful if someone suggest me some help or some references.
      Thanks a lot in advance!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Damian Marek
      Participant

There is not direct calculation of the penetration depth in OptiFiber, but it does find things like effective area and effective diameter which you could probably convert to penetration depth.

Suchi Das
      Participant

Thank you Damian sir for your valuable advice. that will be fine if I find the effective diameter of each mode inside the fiber. Actually sir I have to calculate the change in effective diameter of every LP modes inside a multimode fiber due to cladding refractive index change. Sir, I will be very much grateful if you suggest some advice or some references so that i can calculate the effective diameter of each modes using Optifiber

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.