Home Forums SYSTEM bit rate in WDM transmitter

Viewing 6 reply threads
  • Author
      gaganpreet Kaur
      Participant

Please anybody can tell if we use WDM transmitter at bit rate of 100Gbps with 10 channels. this implies total system capacity of 10 X 100 Gbps or each channel has 100 Gbps/ 10 as data rate.

alistu
      Participant

Hi Gaganpreet,

In most of the papers I have read, I have noticed that the total bit rate, which is the rate of the transmission of data all in all, is mentioned as the overall bit rate. In your case, I infer that the every channel of your system uses a bit rate of 10 Gbps. However, I’d scan the paper to ascertain if it is definitely so.

Regards

Ashu verma
      Participant

If you are using 100 Gbps at each channel then it would be 100 x 10 after multiplexing.In most of papers overall bit rate given as for example 20 gbps if two channel carry 10 gbpz each.former case is right as far as i know.

gaganpreet Kaur
      Participant

Kindly clarify because answers given by alistu and samsung are contradictory.in optisystem WDM transmitr Bit rate is individual bit rate or of the complete transmitter system.i sincerely need help.

Alessandro Festa
      Participant

The bit rate in OptiSystem is the bitrate of the single wavelength, so if you choose a transmitter of 10 channels and set the bit rate to 10 Gb/s, the total capacity of the system is 10×10=100 Gb/s

gaganpreet Kaur
      Participant

Thank you so much Alessandro this implies if i am using 11 channels at 100Gbps each the total capacity is 11X 100Gbps , that is Terabits + capacity.

Ashu verma
        Participant

Alistu was also right in his statement as many papers stated this in a way as alistu said.however if you are using 11 channels then you transmit tb/s data over channel.Thank you alassendro for making clear statement.

alistu
      Participant

Thank you Alessandro. I was explaining an occasion when a paper is entitled “100 Gbps WDM for 10 channels”. In that case, the title refers to the overall system bit rate. But in Optisystem, the default value for the bit rate of transmitters is set as the global bit rate parameter (Of course, this can be changed in script mode).

Viewing 6 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.