Home Forums SYSTEM ASE noise

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author
      Hell Obliviate
      Participant

hi guys,
      i have two questions about the noise of Optical amplifier,

1. what is the relation between ASE noise wavelength & signal wavelength.
      2. how to filter out the noise in optisystem or what are the filter parameters to filter amplifier noise in optisystem.

i hope your replay will help me to understand better.

thanking you all again
      hell

Attachments:

Hi Hell,
      you can add or exclude noise from calculations from noise_tab by check/uncheck the Convert noise bins check_box.

please try these two cases and observe the output of Optical spectrum analyzer_1, (choose All signals)

thanks
      Mohamed Abouseif

Hell Obliviate
      Participant

hi Abouseif,

I did what you have told me to do, & yes it works!

Since ASE noise is the real property of a optical amplifier, & i want them to stay & eliminate them by any real option like filter, like Fabry Perot Optical Filter.

so my question is, what are the appropriate settings of a filter to reduce ASE noise?

i did try with Fabry Perot Optical Filter but i could not find any better setting of the properties. so hope forum will help me.

regards
      the hell

Attachments:

Hell,
      In principle if you use a filter having the same center frequency of the noise generation and the same bandwidth so you will eliminate the noise effect but at the same time you will eliminate part of the signals that occupy this bandwidth as well!!

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.