Home Forums SYSTEM advance modulation formats for WDM system design in MATLAb or optisystem

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author
      gaganpreet Kaur
      Participant

Can anybody share design of WDM system in MATLAB. i want ot implement a coherent system model . but i don’t know how to design in MATLAB. even in optisystem when it comes to WDM system design we dont have choice of using advanced modulation formats as we can do for NRZ, RZ from drop down menu in parameters of WDM transmitter we need to separately apply our modulation at each single channel. this becomes tiring and cumbersome for channel count grater than 16 channels.any solution pls?

alistu
      Participant

Hi Gaganpreet,

The choice of using between RZ and NRZ are actually available in OptiSystem (I know about OptiSystem 13). When you open WDM transmitter component properties, you can choose “coding” tab and there you can see the “modulation type” options, where you can choose between RZ, NRZ and Off.

Regards

gaganpreet Kaur
      Participant

Thank you so much alistu. but my concern is not using RZ /NRZ or ofn-off keying but as we increase dat rate upto 100 Gbps or 112 Gbps obviously we need modulation formats which accomodate more than 2 bits per symbol such as QAM, PM-DPQSk etc which require a coherent detection system. it is ok to see output by putting all for single channel and checking the output(though i hhhave not tried) but whenever i start design and with all recent research available if i intend to design a 100 channel WDM high data rate system with these advance modulation formats it is tiring to design or externally connect transmitter to each channel. i want to know if i can design such system using a single module as WDM transmitter and simply chosing a new format .

alistu
        Participant

You’re welcome Gaganpreet. My perception was from your sentence “… we dont have choice of using advanced modulation formats as we can do for NRZ, RZ …” (even though this was right; we can’t choose advanced modulation formats other than RZ and NRZ). However, there is no other way to consider coding after WDM transmitter as you have mentioned as far as I am concerned.

Regards

Ranjeet Kumar
      Participant

We have choice of using between RZ,NRZ,CSRZ, MDRZ,DRZ are actually available in OptiSystem.
      HERE i am attaching osd files of MDRZ, CSRZ AND DRZ wdm mux.

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.