Home Forums SYSTEM circulator

Viewing 7 reply threads
  • Author

hello guys,
      im new with this software.
      can anyone help me,where can i find the circulator?i attached the picture of the component.
      i cannot find the exact component as in picture.

Attachments:
      Damian Marek
      Participant

I’m not sure where that screenshot is taken from, is it a sample file that you are looking at? The component Circulator in your screenshot is actually a Sub-system and was created by the user that made that project file. If you have access to the project file open it and right click the Component and choose “Look Inside”. This will give you access to the components that make it up. Also check out our tutorial on Sub Systems:

Lesson 2: Subsystems — Hierarchical Simulation

Cheers!

Ashu verma
      Participant

Hi Abdul welcome to optisystem.As Damian said right click on the subsystem and will be able to see the internal components attached in the system.Damain as far as in know this is a screen shot of optisystem sample WDM-PON for 8×8 users.Subsystem shown in diagram consisting of a 1×8 bidirectional AWG and 8 circulators.I think Abdul talkig about these circulators and could not able to find due to subsystem.

alistu
        Participant

I was also curious to know how the subsystem is made. dear Abdul, please take a look at the screenshot attached and see how every input is linked to the corresponding output in the subsystem. A circulator component, an optical delay and an optical null have been used. You can now create the subsystem easily, or you can copy the one in the samples.

Attachments:
      Ashu verma
      Participant

Alisthu thank you for screenshot.This system is made to circulate the signal wavelength from downstream as well as upstream. With the help of Two FBG’s.One is used for upstream and other to route downstream.I found this example very interesting that how WDM PON works and routing can be done using AWG’s.

alistu
        Participant

You’re welcome and thank you for making the suggestion in the first place. I was actually going to attach the file as well, but I thought maybe Abdul Baqi is not using the Optisystem newest version and therefore he may not be able to use the file. But he can implement the system using the image for sure.

guys..thanks.
      help a lot.
      now i understand how subsystem works.
      you are right Sam sung, due to the subsystem created by the owner of the picture,i cannot find the component. i thought it is a component and do not realise about the subsystem.

again, thanks guys.

alistu
        Participant

Since you are new to Optisystem I suggest you use the tutorials and the link Damian suggested, more specifically for subsystems. My experience copmpels me to also recommend no matter what types of systems you are trying to simulate with the software, go through the first Optisystem lessons and watch all related basic videos.

if you guys dont mind..one more question.
      it is a simple question..im new to this software, so there is a lot to catch up.

how we flip the icon in the layout?
      i mean if we drag the component to the layout, how we do it if we want to flip/rotate it?

alistu
        Participant

You can flip the components by pressing down SHIFT button and then pressing F button. You can also flip the components by clicking on EDIT in Optisystem menu bar and then choosing FLIP. But you should know this only makes a 180 degree flip. However, you can use subsystem layout for such a purpose.

Ashu verma
        Participant

Welcome Abdul,Its always pleasurable to help other participants and share the information .
        You can flip the component to using ctrl+ f.Alisthu i thing mistakenly wrote it as shift plus F. Best of Luck

thanks alistu.
      im really appriciate it.

alistu
        Participant

you’re welcome Abdul-baqi. And since you are a beginner with the Optisystem software, please don’t hesitate to ask your questions regarding simulating with Optisystem and discuss your points with the other members in the Optiwave forums. As long as I can help you, I will be glad to provide any support.

Ashu verma
      Participant

I Agree with Alisthu ,Since you are very new to optiwave optisystem,read the tutorials provided by the optiwave and also go through the topics on the related topic which you think want to know about.I think forum topics sre very good for the information and discussion.Even i have experienced this personally.When i was new i alomst read all the topics and get to know very advanced knowledge.

Viewing 7 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.