Baltimore Convention Center, Maryland
6-8 May 2014
SPIE DSS 2014, with its two technical symposia and 450-company exhibition, offers the best opportunity for efficient information exchange, business development, vendor and project networking, and professional development, keeping you at the forefront of technologies necessary for successful completion of your mission.
Robust scientific and technical interchange between scientists and engineers inside and outside the Federal government is mission critical to ensure that the Federal scientific and technical workforce remains current and viable. Without scientific and technical interchange, Federal S&Es will have their ability to function in a global innovation community reduced.
Primary software interests:
OptiSPICE: Opto-Electronic Circuit Design Software
OptiFDTD: Finite-Difference Time-Domain Software
OptiBPM: Waveguide Optics Design Software
OptiFiber: Optical Fiber Design Software
OptiGrating: Integrated and Fiber Optical Gratings Design Software
|Tuesday May 6||10:00 am to 5:00 pm|
|Wednesday May 7||10:00 am to 5:00 pm|
|Thursday May 8||10:00 am to 2:00 pm|
SPIE DSS is the laser, sensing, optics, and imaging industry’s leading meeting for scientists, researchers and engineers from industry, military, government agencies, and academia. Exchange ideas with more than 2,300 presenters and 6,000 attendees.
The Baltimore location of DSS is close to the center of many United States Federal Government offices and agencies and many of the largest defense and security contractors, and aerospace companies, in America. We expect more government acquisition, policy, and program executive representatives at DSS this year.
1) Access to the latest R&D through 58 co-located technical conferences in two major symposia covering the latest developments:
SPIE Defense + Security
• Border Protection
• Laser Technologies
• Cyber Sensing/Security
• Mine/Chemical Detection (CBRNE)
• Command, Control, Communications & Intelligence (C3I)
• Military Medicine
• First Responders
• Heads-Up and other Displays
• System/Network Integrator/VAR
• Instrumentation & Control
• UAVs • IR Imaging
SPIE Sensing Technology + Applications
• Food/Water Safety
• Ocean Sensing
• Healthcare/Medical Devices
• Harsh Environments
• Energy Harvesting
• Oil & Gas/Petrochemical
2) Unique opportunities to connect: Learn about the latest research and network with experts, vendors, and colleagues from government, military, aerospace, academia and industry from around the world. Leaders at SPIE DSS include many of the key players at government and military facilities from around the nation:
David A. Whelan, PhD.
Boeing Defense, Space, and Security (USA)
2014 Symposium Chair
Nils R. Sandell Jr., PhD.
Director, Strategic Technology Office
Defense Advanced Research Projects Agency (DARPA)
2014 Defense + Security Symposium Co-Chair
Clausthal University of Technology (Germany) and Fraunhofer Heinrich Hertz Institute (Germany)
2014 Sensing Technology + Applications Symposium Co-chair
DSS 2014 Steering Committee
Michael T. Eismann, Air Force Research Lab. (USA)
Kevin P. Meiners, Office of the Assistant Secretary of Defense (USA)
Kevin G. Harding, GE Global Research (USA)
Kenneth R. Israel, Lockheed Martin Corp. (USA)
Robert A. Lieberman, Intelligent Optical Systems, Inc. (USA)
Barbara D. Broome, U. S. Army Research Lab. (USA)
3) Professional development: Attend one or more of the 45 courses and workshops at SPIE DSS to stay on top of the latest technologies and get the training you need to stay current in your field and competitive in today’s job market. These education sessions are conducted by experts from academia, government and industry.
4) Technical Exhibition: With more than 450 exhibiting companies and agencies, the DSS Expo showcases the newest products, latest innovations and cutting-edge technologies in optics, lasers, sensors, image processing, spectroscopy, infrared systems, and optoelectronic components. Meet with your main suppliers and vendors to maximize your time in Baltimore.
5) Strategic perspective from key leaders: SPIE DSS features renowned keynote speakers who provide the latest overview of key governmental department missions relevant to this industry. Arati Prabhakar, director of the Defense Advanced Research Projects Agency (DARPA) was the symposium plenary speaker in 2013. Letitia Long, Director of the National Geospatial Intelligence Agency, also addressed conferees in 2013.