Benefits of Cloud Licensing
- 1. It’s up to 50% cheaper vs. standard USB key leases
- 2. Your license will be ready-to-use immediately
- 3. There is no extra cost or hassle with shipping & customs
- 4. Updating your license is extremely simple
To request a quotation please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Optiwave users can now install their software packages locally and license them via our Cloud service. Here’s how it works:
You will need the following:
- 1. Internet Connection
- 2. Computer with Windows 7/8/10
To setup your license, you simply:
- 1. Connect to the Internet
- 2. Download & Install your Optiwave package(s)
- 3. Download & Install our Licensing Manager
- 4. Sign-in to your Optiwave account (credentials supplied at time of purchase)
After step 4, the licensing manager takes care of the rest! It will keep your license updated, notify you when there are software upgrades, and provide an easy interface for accessing new & old software installations.
How many computers can I register the license to?
This varies depending on what is stipulated in the contract. Typically, academic licenses will allow up to 20 registered computers, whereas, corporate licenses will only allow 3 computers per purchased license.
Can I use the software offline?
Yes, but only for a maximum of 2 weeks. After this 2 week period, your entitlements will expire. To “Release Entitlements” you must connect to the internet.
Can Optiwave manually “Release Entitlements” for a given user?
Yes, Optiwave can remove entitlements server-side in the case where you cannot locate the person or computer currently using them. Requests must come directly from the end-user in charge of the Optiwave license (email email@example.com).
Does the Optiwave License Manager Utility always need to be running?
Yes. The utility keeps your license up-to-date and allows the Optiwave software packages to run. You should see the Optiwave Utility on your Windows System Tray.
To request access or further information about Optiwave’s Cloud Licensing, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.