- Integrated Device Symbol Editor allows you to create custom symbols for devices or hierarchical blocks using standard drawing tools.
- Hierarchical Design with unlimited levels is fully supported. Any symbol on a schematic can contain another schematic of arbitrary size. Blocks can be nested to any desired depth. Any number of hierarchical blocks can be open for editing at any time.
- OptiSPICE Schematics includes a powerful Report Generator tool for netlist and text report generation.
- OptiSPICE includes several powerful technologies for scripting and customization that allows full access to all design data and virtually every program function.
- The schematic editor can save diagrams in WMF (Windows Metafile) and DXF (AutoCAD) graphics formats. This capability allows you to pass graphics to other programs for plotting, enhancement, or incorporation into other documentation.
- Generate OptiSPICE or SPICE compatible netlists.
- Windows 7 support.
- OptiSPICE simulator incorporates equations governing optical components directly into an electrical simulation framework, thus forming a single-engine opto-electronic simulation software.
- Includes thermal macro models that model the thermal behaviour of the devices. Users can incorporate them into the opto-electronic simulation to provide reliable simulation results.
- Supports a wide variety of electrical circuit elements such as diodes, transistors, BJTs and MOSFETS along with optical components such as laser diodes, optical fibers and photodiodes.
- Able to handle integrated optics, multiple optical channels (WDM), and multimode signals.
- Advanced numerical techniques for superior convergence. Advanced solver automatically selects the best convergence algorithm for reliable transient simulation convergence.
- Active and passive device model compatibility with industry SPICE standard. Users can easily import external models and netlists written in SPICE format to OptiSPICE.
- Enables accurate simulations by supporting BSIM3 models.
- Provides accurate implementation of different frequency dependent models including S-parameters, pole/residue expressions and transmission line models.
- OptiSPICE includes the award winning software OptiSystem for complex post-processing, signal integrity and waveform analysis.
- In order to predict the system performance, OptiSystem calculates parameters such as BER and Q-Factor using numerical analysis or semi-analytical techniques for systems limited by inter symbol interference and noise.
- The OptiSystem signal processing library includes many components for post-processing of OptiSPICE results. Users can also create new types of analysis or incorporate new components using MATLAB.
- Advanced visualization tools produce OSA Spectra, signal chirp, eye diagrams, polarization state, constellation diagrams and much more. Also included are WDM analysis tools listing signal power, gain, noise figure, and OSNR per channel.
- Laser parameter extractor allows users to generate models by extracting and fitting parameters from static and dynamic measurements of lasers.
- Filter parameter extractor allows users to translate S-parameters into compact and efficient pole/residue representations.
- Multimode fiber parameter extractor includes an optical fiber mode solver that allows users to generate libraries of fibers from a user defined refractive index profile.
- Modulator parameter extractor enables parameter fitting of measurements from MQW Electroabsorption Modulators using a polynomial form (one or two dimensional functions).