OptiFiber requires the following system configuration:
- Personal computer with the Pentium processor
- 10 MB free hard disk space
- 32 MB of RAM recommended
- Graphic resolution of 1024 x 768, minimum 256 colors
OptiFiber requires one of the following operating systems:
- Microsoft Windows 2000
- Microsoft Windows XP
To install OptiFiber on Windows 2000/XP:
- Log on as the Administrator or on an account with Administrator privileges.
- Insert the OptiFiber CD into your CD ROM drive.
- Press the Start button and select Run.
- In the Run dialog box, type ‘F:\setup.exe,’ where ‘F’ denotes your CD ROM drive.
- Click the OK button and follow the screen instructions and prompts.
- Reboot the computer.
You can quickly become an efficient OptiFiber user by reading carefully and referring
to the technical documentation OptiFiber provides.
OptiFiber is shipped with documentation that consists of the following sections:
- Introduction to OptiFiber
- Getting Started with OptiFiber
- Technical Background
- Tutorial Lessons
- Commands Reference
- Dialog Boxes Reference
- Output Views Reference
- Script Language
The Help system contains references and tips that do not exist elsewhere. You can
easily search topics by using the Help system.
OptiFiber online Help follows standard rules of Help design and usage. If you are
familiar with the Help of your computer operation system, then you will quickly learn
how to get the most from OptiFiber Help by following similar steps. The OptiFiber Help
is organized in topics that follow the logic of a printed book. However, crossreferences
and jumps allow you to quickly find required information. Since OptiFiber
dialog boxes usually contain complicated technical information, we described all of
them in the Dialog Box Reference that forms a part of the Help system.
Optiwave provides technical support for all users of OptiFiber. The technical support
Technical Support by Phone
Highly qualified Optiwave representatives are available for telephone assistance
Monday to Friday, 8:30 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. Eastern Standard Time. Tel: (613) 224-
Technical Support by Fax
To get technical assistance, you can also send a fax, and you will receive assistance
to overcome whatever problems you may have. Fax: (613) 224-4706.
Technical Support by E-mail
You can also send e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Using Optiwave’s Web Page
For additional information, you can use the Optiwave web page. From the Help menu,
click About OptiFiber and click www.optiwave.com.