|1||Open OptiFDTD Waveguide layout Designer|
From the Start menu, select Programs ->Optiwave Software -> OptiFDTD-> Waveguide Layout Designer.
OptiFDTD_Designer window opens.
|2||Create a new project.|
From the OptiFDTD_Designer File menu, select New. The Initial Properties dialog box appears.
|3||Define the material(s) and waveguide profile(s) that will be used in the project.|
Click the Profiles and Materials button in the Initial Properties dialog. The Profile Designer OptiFDTD opens.
Note: At any time, you can open the Profile Designer from the “Edit->Profiles and Materials…” menu of the Layout Designer or from the Start menu. So you can make appropriate modifications to the defined materials and profiles whenever it is needed.
a. In the tree listing of profiles and materials of Profile Designer under OptiFDTD_Designer1 in the Materials folder, right-click the Dielectric folder. A context menu appears. Select New, the Dielectric dialog box appears. By default the constant refractive index (Const Ref. Idx) is selected. Type the following information:
• Name: er=2.0
• Constant refractive index (isotropic):
(Re): 1.414214, (Im): 0.0
(Re): 1.414214, (Im): 0.0
• Click Store to save this material, Material er=2.0 will be listed under the Dielectric folder.
b. In the directory under OptiFDTD_Designer1, under the Profiles folder, right click the Channel folder. A context menu appears. Select New. The Channel Profile dialog box appears. Type the following information:
• Profile name: ChannelPro1
• Under 2D profile definition, In the Material list, select er=2.0
• To save the channel profile, click Store. ChannelPro1 appears in the Channel folder.
|4||Return to Initial Properties dialog box of Waveguide Layout Designer.|
Either minimize or close the Waveguide Profile Designer.
|5||Type the following information in each corresponding area in Initial Properties dialog box|
• Waveguide Properties:
Width (um): 1.0
• Wafer Dimension
Length (um): 2.0 (z-direction dimension) Width (um): 2.0 (x-direction dimension)
• 2D Wafer Properties
|6||Click OK in Initial Properties dialog box. OptiFDTD Designer- [OptiFDTDigner1] window appears.|
• If not all Toolbars appear in the Layout Designer window, you can change it from the “View->Toolbars” menu option.
• Click “+” (zoom) toolbar button to enlarge the layout window.
• Open “Wafer Properties” from the Edit menu to modify simulation domain properties.
• Select “Profiles and Materials” from the Edit menu to open the Profile Designer where you can add and modify materials and profiles.
Now we have defined a 2µm×2µm 2D Air free space domain. We will generate a TF/SF plane wave in a rectangular region in this space. The total field region size will be 0.9µm×0.9µm in the center space. To detect the pure scattering field, we will also put four observation line detector surrounding this TF/SF generated region. Each Observation line detector will be 0.15µm apart from the each developed line.