Before installing OptiFDTD, ensure the system requirements described below are
Hardware and software requirements
OptiFDTD requires the following minimum system configuration:
- Microsoft Windows XP/Vista/7, 32-bit or 64-bit, note: 64-bit OS is required to run 64-bit simulators
- Personal computer with Pentium 4 or higher processor 1.2 GHz (or higher). Multicore
- CPU is required for increased performance of parallel processing simulators.
- 2GB of RAM or higher (dependent on the size of calculated problem)
- 500 MB to 10 GB free hard drive disk space depending on calculation size for
- storage of the simulation results
- 1024 x 768 graphic resolution, minimum 256 colors
- Internet Explorer 5.5 (or higher)
- Most recent video and OpenGL drivers for your graphics card
Note: For machines running Windows XP, the “Windows Classic” theme must be
A hardware protection key is supplied with the software. To ensure that OptiFDTD
operates properly, verify the following:
- The protection key is properly connected to the USB port of the computer.
- If you use more than one protection key, ensure that there is no conflict between the OptiFDTD protection key and the other keys.
Note: Use a switch box to prevent protection key conflicts. Ensure that the cable
between the switch box and the computer is a maximum of one meter long.
By default, the OptiFDTD installer creates an OptiFDTD directory on your hard disk.
The OptiFDTD directory contains the following subdirectories:
- \BIN – contains executable files, dynamic linked libraries, and help files
- \SAMPLES – contains OptiFDTD examples
- \TMP – temporary directory used by OptiFDTD during operation
- \DOC – OptiFDTD support documentation
- OptiFDTD can be installed on Windows XP/Vista/7, 32-bit or 64-bit, note: 64-bit OS is required to run 64-bit simulators.
- Linux 64-bit for 3D simulations, Linux enabled versions only (see the Release Notes for more information).
- We recommend that you exit all Windows programs before running the setup program.
Installing OptiFDTD on Windows operating systems
To install OptiFDTD on Windows operating systems, perform the following procedure.
|1||Log on as the Administrator, or log onto an account with Administrator
|2||Insert the OptiFDTD installation CD into your CD ROM drive.|
|3||On the Taskbar, click Start and select Run.
The Run dialog box appears.
|4||In the Run dialog box, type F:\setup.exe, where F is your CD ROM drive.|
|5||Click OK and follow the screen instructions and prompts.|
|6||When the installation is complete, remove the CD from the CD ROM driveand reboot your computer.|