Before installing OptiBPM, ensure the system requirements described below are available.
Hardware and software requirements
OptiBPM requires the following minimum system configuration:
• Microsoft Windows Windows XP with Service Pack 3, Vista or Windows 7
• PC with Pentium 4processor or equivalent
• 1 GBof RAM (recommended)
• 400 MB free hard disk space
• 1024 x 768 graphic resolution, minimum 256 colors
• Internet Explorer 5.5
A hardware protection key is supplied with the software.
Note: Please ensure that the hardware protection key is NOT connected during the installation of OptiBPM.
To ensure that OptiBPM operates properly, verify the following:
• The protection key is properly connected to the parallel/USB port of the computer.
• If you use more than one protection key, ensure that there is no conflict between the OptiBPM protection key and the other keys.
Note: Use a switch box to prevent protection key conflicts. Ensure that the cable between the switch box and the computer is a maximum of one meter long.
By default, the OptiBPM installer creates an OptiBPM directory on your hard disk. The Opti BPM directory contains the following subdirectories:
• \bin – executable files, dynamic linked libraries, and help files
• \bin_64 – 64 bit executatble files and DLLs.
• \doc – OptiBPM Manuals and OptiBPM User Guides
• \samples – OptiBPM examples
• \UserDLLs – default location of User Profile DLLs, also contains example code (Visual Studio 6.0) for development of Profile DLLs