Home Forums SYSTEM XOR GATE OUTPUT

Viewing 29 reply threads
  • Author
      vipul
      Participant

HELLO TO ALL
      I HAVE DESIGNED XOR GATE BASED ON XPM , USING CONTINUOUS WAVE AS INPUT TO INTERFEROMETER HAVING FREQUENCY 1540 NM ,AND TWO DATA SIGNALS WHICH IS TO BE XORED AT 1545NM.BEFORE OPTICAL RECIEVER THERE IS GAUSSIAN FILTER.IF I CHANGE THE VALUE OF GAUSSIAN FILTER FREQUENCY TO 1540 I AM GETTING WRONG XOR OUTPUT(WHICH IS CONCEPT OF XPM) OF DATA SIGNALS .HOWEVER IF I KEEP DEFAULT VALUE OF FREQ OF GAUSSIAN FILTER(193.1Thz) I AM GETTING CORRECT XOR OUTPUT .SEEING THE SPECTRUM OF OPTICAL SIGNAL AFTER GAUSSIAN FILTER(FREQ 193.1Thz) WE CAN SEE THAT BOTH FREQ COMPONENT -1545NM AND 1540 NM ARE ENTERING INTO RECIEVER.I WOULD LIKE TO KNOW HOW THESE TWO SIGNALS ARE ACTING TOGETHER IN AN INTERFEROMETER SO THAT WE ARE GETTING XOR OUTPUT?

WAITING FOR REPLY EAGERLY
      THANK YOU

Damian Marek
      Participant

Hi,

Is there a specific paper you are trying to reproduce? I am not very familiar with the SOA XOR gate.

Regards

vipul
      Participant

Thank u Damian for yr concern.I am attaching a paper in which xor operation is performed .The xor gate designed by me is giving correct xor value(attached) but i am unable to understand the principle behind getting an xor value at output of interferometer.

Damian Marek
        Participant

I think the paper does a pretty good job of explaining it. The two signals are used to induce phase shifts into a pair of control signals. The trickiest part may be realizing that a signal that is coupled through an X coupler will have a phase shift of Pi/2 on the opposite output port.

vipul
      Participant

HI ALL
      I AM UNABLE TO GENERATE xor OUTPUT(PROJECT ATTACHED) IF I INCREASE SPEED TO 40 Gbps.CAN ANYBODY HELP

Damian Marek
        Participant

Perhaps the SOA’s time response is not quick enough for those speeds. I don’t see your project file could you try uploading it again.

siva rama krishna
      Participant

Hi Vipul,
      I need some help from you.
      I ran the your xor-gate.osd file and getting wrong xor output even Optical filter frequency is set as 193.1 Thz
      Input A=11011001
      Input B=10110110
      Output Should be 01101111

I am not getting this output.

How can measure ouput power for XOR,AND and OR gate.
      Attached my XOR output image.

Please provide your help to solve this issue.

Thanks
      Siva Rama Krishna

Attachments:
      vipul
      Participant

Hi shiva u aRE GETTING RIGHT OUTPUT AS I CAN SEE IN FIGURE.THE OUTPUT IS REPEATED 0110111101101111

siva rama krishna
      Participant

Hi Vipul. Thanks for ur reply.

Got correct result after setting Freuency[0] and Frequency[1] of WDM Mux are 1545 and 1540 nm respectively.Previously ran with default settings of WDM Mux.

OR gate ouput is coming as for some combinations of Inputs only
      I tried for this combinatation
      A=111111
      B=100001
      Output should be 111111
      but my output is coming as different

Please help me

Thanks
      Siva Rama Krishna

Attachments:
        Damian Marek
        Participant

I saw something similar happen to one of Vipul’s projects. The problem was with the filters not set properly (bandwidth and center frequency). Using a spectrum analyzer make sure that you are filtering correctly.

siva rama krishna
      Participant

Please anyone help me to solve.

vipul
      Participant

HELLO SIVA
      THE ERROR IN OUTPUT IS BECAUSE OF CARRIER RECOVERY LIMITATION IN SOA .WHENEVER LONG STING OF PULSES (CONTINOUS 1) TRAVELS THROUGH SOA THERE IS A PROBLEM OF CARRIER RECOVERY (EACH PULSE ABSORBS ACTIVE CARRIER IN SOA …MANY PULSES CAUSES IN DEPLETION OF CARRIERS) IN SOA.MORE DETAIL U CAN FIND IN INTERNET SIVA JUST TYPE ” CARRIER RECOVERY TIME IN SOA” OR
      http://www.opticsinfobase.org/ol/abstract.cfm?uri=ol-27-18-1625

http://ieeexplore.ieee.org/xpl/login.jsp?tp=&arnumber=5405172&url=http%3A%2F%2Fieeexplore.ieee.org%2Fiel5%2F5361200%2F5405166%2F05405172.pdf%3Farnumber%3D5405172

siva rama krishna
      Participant

Thanks vipul for your answer.

Saurav Chanda
      Participant

Hi Vipul, Its because of constructive and destructive interferences which occur inside the SOA, the in phase and out phase concept applies here.

siva rama krishna
      Participant

Hi Saurav,

have u any idea of how to get correct output in OR gate for the combination what ever i mentioned in previous posts.Which parameters have to be changed to get correct output?
      (A=111111 , B=100001, output=111111)

Thanks in advance.

Saurav Chanda
      Participant

Hey Siva, well all I can say is just try to tune the frequency, probably this would help you out to get the desired output.

siva rama krishna
      Participant

Hi Saurav,
      After tuning BPF frequency to 1545nm correct output is coming for above mentioned input combination.
      Again it is giving wrong result for the following combination.
      A=111111
      B=101001

The output is different from actual values.

Attachments:
      Saurav Chanda
      Participant

Try to check at 1550 or 1645. Well try other combinations too apart from the one as you’ve mentioned.

siva rama krishna
      Participant

Hi Saurav,
      I tried to tune with wavelentghs but wrong output is coming.
      I have attached my files(see layout 2).

vipul
      Participant

Hi siva
      i can see that number of inputs in upper arm is 7 and lower is 6.but after correcting it still the output is not coming.This xor gate is not using laser light as CW beam so it is not working on the principle of xpm.so i am not sure how to correct it

siva rama krishna
      Participant

Please anyone help me to solve this issue.

Thanks in Advance
      Siva Rama Krishna

Saurav Chanda
      Participant

Hi Siva,
      Try to calculate the operating frequency by matlab or by some equations, you may refer to Niloy K Dutta for any reference related to SOA,XPM,SPM and Gates. I am out of station else I could have checked. Hope it helps you out.

Regards,
      Saurav

himadri mandal
      Participant

Hi friends ,
      I am not getting my XOR gate out put,can any body help me to correct my XOR….please.I cant find where I’m doing wrong.
      I am attaching my project.please solve this issue …

Attachments:
      himadri mandal
      Participant

Hi vipul,

Please help me,to simulate XOR gate.I tried but getting wrong output.I am sending the project file and output that I get.Please help me.
      Thanking you.
      Himadri

Saurav Chanda
      Participant

Hello Himadri, Well are you using optiFDTD to simulate your structure or some other software. Attach the structure so that I get to know.

Regards,
      Sourav

himadri mandal
      Participant

Thanks for your reply….I used optisystem 7.I am attaching the file for your reference.
      Thanking you
      Himadri.

himadri mandal
      Participant

Saurav — this is my file.

Attachments:
      Abhishek Shrama
      Participant

Hi everyone ,I have read all your discussions and going to attach a XOR gate.
      Himadri i have made several changes in your system .Find the XOR gate in attachment

Attachments:
      himadri mandal
      Participant

Thanks Abhishek Sharma for you xor gate…but problem is that If I cascade two xor gate I am not getting desired output…is there any solution of this?I xor ed 2 input and then use another xor gate with another input + previous stage output but did not get desired response.I could not understand how to fix the problem.expecting your help to fix it up.
      I am attaching my design.please help me.

himadri mandal
      Participant

here is my design

Attachments:
      Abhishek Shrama
      Participant

Ok himadri,i will try to do this 🙂

Abhishek Shrama
      Participant

Hello himadari,i saw your setup and found the output from first stage XOR at 1540 nm ,which you are getting from filter.For the XOR opration you have to input two different wavelengths as u did in former one.Because this gate is based on XPM .For this you can convert frequency with wavelength converter.
      Try this and i will also try this

Varinder Verma
      Participant

thankyou sharma for giving design of XOR gate. I used the same and it worked. Thanks a lot

Viewing 29 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.