Home Forums GENERAL Start Writing Research Paper on Radio over Fiber. Which format should i Follow?

Viewing 24 reply threads
  • Author
      Abdullah Baig
      Participant

Dear Members
      I am going to start writing my research paper on Radio over Fiber System.
      I want to inquire:

1) Which format should i follow. If some some have any format please email me: abdullahbaig.uettaxila@gmail.com
      2) Please guide me where i can publish my paper for free Or with with less fee.

please comment the link of sites who are receiving the photonics Conference paper or Journal Paper in coming days
      Best Regards

Abdallah Ismail
      Participant

Make 2)instead of 1)
      Then follow the publisher instructions and templates.

Abdullah Baig
      Participant

Sir Thankyou

Can you tell me the names of some publishers. Actually this is my 1st publication and i do not know well.
      Best Regards

i Know 1 publisher i-e Springer

Abdallah Ismail
      Participant
      Abdallah Ismail
      Participant
      Ibn Aziz
      Participant

Dear ABdullah Baig ,

if u want to publish in reputable Journals then following are considered as best Journals in Optical and photonics domai;

JLT (Journal of light Tech)
      PTL (Photonics Tech letter)
      Springer
      Elsevier

Confrences

OFC
      ECOC

P.s Every reputable Journal never takes any sort of money from you.

Best of luck
      Regards

Abdullah Baig
      Participant

Thanx alot 🙂

Dr Rk Sethi
      Participant

Abdullah Baig Hi,

I am fully agree with Mr. Abdallah Ismail suggestion that “follow the publisher instructions and templates”.
      You must read very carefully all the instruction of the journal regarding how paper should be submitted. Negligence of the guidelines of the journal regarding paper submission is an highly effective method for irritating an editor.
      If you can afford, you can go for the paid Journals because they respond faster.
      Also, it is found helpful if you quote some work published in the same journal where you are going to send for publication.
      Start writing your research.
      Regards.

Abdullah Baig
      Participant

Sir Thankyou

Dr Rk Sethi
      Participant

Abdullah Baig Hi,
      Welcome Dear.
      One more thing you must take care of is “Plagiarism”. It is considered academic theft. It may cause penalties, suspension, and even expulsion from the school and university. At present various cases of plagiarism have been reported in academia. So, before submission please run plagiarism checker and do accordingly.
      some of the popular software for the same are:
      TurnItIn, iThenticate, Viper, PlagiarismChecker, Duplichecker etc. from Google you can find the link.
      BEST of luck.
      Regards.

K. Esakki Muthu
      Participant

Dear Sethi,

plagiarism checker u mentioned here is not a free one. can u please suggest a free software

Dr Rk Sethi
      Participant

Esakkimuthu Hi,
      Yes, MOST of the plagiarism detector are not free.
      But you, through your institute can ask for the trial version of the same, that will help others also, in the institutes. Subsequently it may be purchased. Because, now each and every institute must take care of “Plagiarism” considered as academic theft. UGC(India) proposed regulations for the awarding of the degree in India that all students must begin using well developed software to detect plagiarism and other form of academic theft. So, university ask for plagiarism report along with the submission. A plagiarism check report is a mandatory requirement. Universities may cause penalties, suspension, and even expulsion.
      Some of the FREE version you can find on the net but they are not useful, because of the limitation imposed on the same.
      Regards.

Anamika Basnotra
      Participant

hello sir
      some of the journals ask for ‘suggested reviewers’. can you explain what does that mean?

Ravil
      Participant

Hi Anamika,

If I understood you point correctly, suggested reviwers are researchers who are working in your field but outside of your research group (who you know). This service is useful from the point of saving your time (when you are waiting for a reviewer’s comments) and helps you to move quickly with your paper…

Dr Rk Sethi
      Participant

Hi Anamika Basnotra,
      Providing a list of suggested or preferred reviewers will definitely quicken the process, because Journals are always short of reviewers.
      Some authors send names of friends, who they think may be favourable as reviewers from the list of people with sufficient expertise. But these people are unlikely to be chosen to review the manuscript. Finally the editor has to choose the reviews obtained for any given manuscript and determine whether or not they are fair and thorough. The best suggestion is to not avoid mentioning names but pick names that in your opinion can provide good constructive review on your work and not just favourable. Our goal should not be to get our work published; instead it should be to make sure that whatever publishes is the best. If we adopt that approach, then only we will suggest reviewers who have the requisite expertise, regardless of what bias they might hold.
      There are three types of editors:
      – Some editors may be busy / sluggish people just take names and send the paper to them for review.
      – Others think that you provide the list of the favourable people who will likely endorse your paper for non-existent merits, and never send requests to these people.
      – These people rely less and less on these suggestions and look upon them with suspicion and make selections from their own wisdom, understanding and research on the topic.

Dr Rk Sethi
      Participant

Esakkimuthu Hi,
      Yes, MOST of the plagiarism detector are not free.
      Some of the FREE version you can find on the net but they have limited options, because of the limitation imposed on the same.
      Here is a link for plagiarism checker “top-10-free-plagiarism-detection-tools-for-teachers”
      Anti-Plagiarism
      DupliChecker
      Paper Rater
      Plagiarisma
      PlagiarismChecker
      Plagium
      Plagtracker
      Viper
      SeeSources
      Plagiarism Detector
      http://elearningindustry.com/top-10-free-plagiarism-detection-tools-for-teachers

Ravil
        Participant

Many thanks to Rk Sethi for your complete, detailed and structured information! However, I have a question to you about plagiarism checkers. Does it mean that these checkers are not reliable when you are mentioning that “they have limited options, because of the limitation imposed on the same”? Could, you, please, clarify this point of yours? (just in case if I didn’t understand it correctly…)

Ravil
        Participant

One more question to you, Rk Sethi. Can you, please, at least indicate the limitations that can be applied for the free checkers as well? (if you know by any chance…) Thanks in advance!

Anamika Basnotra
      Participant

thankyou Ravil and Sethi sir

Ashu verma
      Participant

Thank you all for sharing this.

Dr Rk Sethi
      Participant

Welcome Anamika Basnotra, Sam Sung and Abdullah Baig.
      Please don’t forget to inform through Forum or e-mail whenever paper published.
      Best of luck.
      Regards.
      Sethi Rk
      drsethirk@gmail.com

K. Esakki Muthu
      Participant

Thank you Dr. Sethi for your kind information

Best Regards,
      K. Esakki Muthu

Abdullah Baig
      Participant

Sir RK Sethi Thankx alot for guidance. Sir you gave valuable information, which will definitely help me during writing paper.
      Sir Thankx again

Ravil
      Participant

Dear Abdullah,

You are welcome! You have risen a very interesting and important academic topic for all of scientists! Best of luck with your publications and feel free to ask such questions in the future!

Ashu verma
      Participant

Hi everyone i want to know about paper writing for IEEE conference.Do i have to take into account all the parameters and guidelines which we follow to write ieee journal paper?As i have gone through some IEEEE conference papers they are not as IEEE journal papers.please let me know so that i can make it

Ravil
        Participant

Hi Sam Sung,

From my own experience, I would recommend you to find the requirements for publications for this particular conference (IEEE has a lof of different sections and chapters. The requirements are slightly varying for one section/chapter to another) and follow their guidelines. If, for some reason, you are not able to do that, I would definitely advise you to look through other papers prepared for the same conference in the past and use it as templates.

there is so many format you should clarify exactly where and normally everywhere has its own rule about formatting, you should consider about it.

Ravil
      Participant

By the way, what is the name of the IEEE conference you are submitting your paper for?

Viewing 24 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.