Home Forums SYSTEM Wire and wireless using ofdm

Viewing 15 reply threads
  • Author
      sobana a
      Participant

Hai…
      I need to know whether my simulation setup is correct …..I’m providing equal power to wire and wireless service simultaneously also using FBG for both the service……For wired service i have used OFDM demodulator but for wireless service i just used PIN,and LPF…..I got min BER and eye diagram for wired service….but not able to get for the wireless service….plz check my simulation setup which i have attached with this below…..

alistu
      Participant

Which version of Optisystem are you using? there have been some problems with OFDM blocks in the versions older than 13 I guess.
      have a look:

OFDM , QAM 64

Dr Rk Sethi
      Participant

Unfortunately, I can’t open your file with my version of OptiSystem. Can you please attach / upload a screen shot of the project?

sobana a
      Participant

Im using optiwave version 12

alistu
        Participant

I’ve had problems with Optisystem v.12 OFDM blocks too. That’s probably what causes the problem. Please Take a look at the posts made by Damian on the link I gave you.

sobana a
      Participant

screen shots for transmitter, wire and wireless side

sobana a
      Participant

i need only to access the wireless part..the blocks which i have included whether it is correct for wireless or need to change….

alistu
      Participant

Why don’t you use the Matlab component to make OFDM blocks? That way, at least you are sure the problem is not due to OFDM blocks.

sobana a
      Participant

i dont know where i have to insert the OSNR component in optiwave v 13….whether after fiber or befor fiber?

alistu
      Participant

That depends.
      Do you want to measure OSNR before or after the the line? Put it there.

sobana a
      Participant

Thanks………….For wireless accesss i have been using Optical heterodyne….my demodulator is ofdm demodulator…..but i can,t get the BER and eye diagram…here i have attached my wireless section at receiver side.

Attachments:
        Damian Marek
        Participant

Hi Sobana,

I’ve mentioned this to other users here, but I see that you are using the OS 12 OFDM components, which we kept in OptiSystem 13 for our users. The new OFDM components are highly recommended as they make using them much easier.

As a side note, if you click the OS 12 OFDM Demodulator and then press CTRL+F the component will be oriented in the right direction.

Regards

sobana a
      Participant

i’m using optiwave 13…

sobana a
      Participant

whether min BER can be ‘0’???

Dr Rk Sethi
      Participant

Hi Sobana a!
      BER is the ratio of “the number of bits in error” divided by “the total number of bits”.
      therefore its minimum value of the BER can be zero and maximum value can be one.

sobana a
      Participant

Whether power should be within -10 to +10 dBm?

sobana a
      Participant

in optiwave 13 whether multiple graphs can be drawn…like comparison between RZ and NRZ , OFDM with and without FBG…..

Abhishek Shrama
      Participant

you can take any value of power but as you increase power non-linear effects come into play.it also increase the calculation time

Viewing 15 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.