Home Forums GENERAL Variation in the simulation results

Viewing 18 reply threads
  • Author
      Remo De Suza
      Participant

Heloo all. This is Remo here. I am an undergraduate student.
      I am facing a problem with my simulation results for Min BER and Quality factor. I try to simulate with almost same parameters every time and out of five times three times my results are different. Can you people help me in sorting out the issue. I have watched numerous videos available on youtube but it is not helping and it is quite frustrating. I hope you people to help me out and provide a solution to all this.
      Thanks
      Your Sincerely
      Remo De’suza

umer syed
      Participant

hi remoo de suza..

i think this is the problem of all the beginner in optisytem….follow the following steps for getting same results every time…

for some components like pseudorandom sequence generator, fiber, amplifier, apd or pin , or optical receiver, etc…etc..,there the parameter namely generate random seed,,,for each of those components…

now you need to untick it for each of the component individually…you will get same answer every time..

hope you got answer for your question
      with regards

Dr. Dhiman Kakati
        Participant

Hi Remo De Suza,
        a convenient answer is already given by Mr. Umer Syed. I would further suggest you to take a more sequence length in the layout parameters. this will help you to get a better result and want to add that this sequence length should be a power of two.

Regards,
        Dhiman

Remo De Suza
          Participant

Hi Dhiman. The problem is with the variation of the results not the results.
          I get good results but the results are varying.
          I think i must apply these changes to the simulation parameters. May be it will help me.
          Thanks anyways.

jyoti raina
          Spectator

Hi remo de’suza sir..
          I also happened to face the same problem. my results also vary at first time but then i also change the generate seed and untick it.. My results started becoming constant after that.. You should also do the same it will surely help you.

With Regards
          jyoti raina

Remo De Suza
          Participant

Hi jyoti.
          Thank you so much for your concern. I highly appreciate your response. I got the solution and for that i should thank all the forum people who helped me in getting this problem.

regards
          Remo De’suza

Atul Sharma
        Participant

Yes Umer Syed your are right. That Is probably the reason for the variation.

Remo De Suza
        Participant

Hi Umer.
        Thank you for your interest. Shall check it and see if it helps. I hope it will.

Remo De Suza
        Participant

Hi Umer Syed.
        Thank you so much. Your views were very helpful indeed. I was a bit confused but then once i implemented the changes the results became very much constant. I must thank you for that.

Thanks and regards
        Remo De’suza

Aabid Baba
      Participant

Hello Remo,
      As far as your problem is concerned i think you should try disabling the random seed option in the layout parameters of every active component you use in your circuit design. It is common problem if you keep the ‘generate seed’ option enabled. And initially this problem would occur. I suggest you keep the seed option disabled most of the times unless and until it is your requirement. I hope this would help you and you will find it useful.
      Regards

Atul Sharma
        Participant

Hello Aabid Baba. Greetings from my side.

I agree with you Aabid. That is the problem i guess.
        With regards
        Atul Sharma

Remo De Suza
        Participant

Hi aabid baba.
        Thank you so much.
        Moving to the problem , Shall try unchecking it tomorrow and see if it works. Most replies go in same direction so i think it is the only problem most probably.
        Anyways thanks a lot for your suggestions.

Reegards
        Remo

Naazira Badar
      Participant

Hi Remo de Suza..
      welcome to opti forum.

Well, this is a very common problem that you re also facing and everybody has given you the right solution. it has always to do with disabling the random seed of the components. I hope you are getting consistent results now.

Regards
      Naazira Badar.

Remo De Suza
        Participant

Hi Naazira. Thank you so much. I amtouched.
        Shall try unchecking it tomorrow and see if it works. Most replies go in same direction so i think it is the only problem most probably.

Reegards
        Remo

Hello Remo

As suggested by the forum members all you need to do is uncheck the random seed option in the characteristics of some components in which this option is present.. This is actually meant for designs that need to have components take the random calue every time. So when we need the value taken by component to be constant all we need to do is uncheck it and by default it upgrades the value randomly.. I hope your problem is addressed and answered..

Regards

Burhan

Remo De Suza
        Participant

Thanks Burhan.
        Thank you so much.
        Shall try unchecking it tomorrow as suggested by most of the people. and see if it works. Most replies go in same direction so i think it is the only problem most probably.

Reegards
        Remo

Atul Sharma
      Participant

Hello Remo DeSuza. Greetings from my side.

Firstly Welcome.
      Secondly and more importantly which is your problem about variation in results may be because of generate seed parameter.
      As suggested by other members you need to uncheck the option and your results will get stable to some extent definitely.
      I hope this will be of great help.

With Regards
      Atul Sharma

Remo De Suza
        Participant

Hello Atul Sharma.
        Thank you so much.
        Moving to the problem , Shall try unchecking it tomorrow and see if it works. Most replies go in same direction so i think it is the only problem most probably.

Reegards
        Remo

SAHIL SINGH
      Participant

Hi Remo de Suza..

I welcome you to the optiwave forum… As mentioned by other members of the forum about your problem of variation in results,this is a very common problem faced by the people using optisystem… As suggested by other members you need to disable the random seed of the components.. I think you have got your query allready addressed..

Thanks and Regards
      Sahil Singh

Remo De Suza
        Participant

THanks Sahil Singh. I am touched.
        Anyways the suggestions have one common thing that is the seed option. Shall try unchecking it tomorrow and see if it works. Most replies go in same direction so i think it is the only problem most probably.

Reegards
        Remo

varinder singh
      Participant

Hi Remo de Suza..

I welcome you to the optiwave forum…i think the variation in the result is due to some unwanted software,please download the latest version and then simulate it again i hope u will be able to find the solution…………
      with regards

Remo De Suza
        Participant

Thanks Varinder singh.
        Thank you so much.

Reegards
        Remo

Jojo Mathew
      Participant

Hello Varinder singh..This is a reply to your comment “I welcome you to the optiwave forum…i think the variation in the result is due to some unwanted software,please download the latest version and then simulate it again i hope u will be able to find the solution”… I have already upgraded my software to the latest version.. but still i am facing the same problem. I am still facing the variations in results whenever i try to simulate…Please look onto the problem and give the effective solution that can workout.
      Regards.

Remo De Suza
        Participant

Hello Jojo Mathews.
        Thanks for answering but i failed to understand whom you are trying to address here. I didn’t find your answer relevant here. I hope you are answering my query only next time when you meet this post.
        Thank u And regards
        Remo

SAHIL SINGH
      Participant

Hi Remo De Suza,

You are welcome anytime… I hope your query gets solved as all the members on the forum has suggested their valid point of views towards the problem you are facing…

Reegards
      Sahil Singh

Remo De Suza
        Participant

Thanks Sahil Singh. I too hope so.
        I shall try it today and see if it makes a difference in the results. I am looking forward to it as a solution to my problem.
        I thank you again for your valuable time and efforts.

Thank you and regards
        Remo

SAHIL SINGH
      Participant

Hi Jojo Matthew,

I fail to understand which unwanted software are you talking about ? And in what design are you facing the problem of variation in results ? Please explain a bit…

Regards
      Sahil Singh

Remo De Suza
        Participant

HI Sahil Singh.
        I was mentioning the same. There is no clarity about what jojo mathews is talking. I guess he is referring to some other topic where he might have posted the same. Anyway thank you for mentioning it again.

With regards
        Remo

Ranjeet Kumar
      Participant

Hi Remo,
      I agree to the points of Umar syed that the problem should be solved if we untick the generate random seed for each of the component individually. I don’t know why you didn’t agree to his points.
      I am unable to understand your this comment”The problem is with the variation of the results not the results.”
      Please explain what do you like to express.
      Seeking your response.

Remo De Suza
        Participant

hi Ranjeet Kumar. Thank you for replying to my query.
        This has been very helpful indeed. Thanks to everyone for the help. I must say this has helped me to fix the issue.

Regards
        Remo

Hi Jojo mathew

why don’t you opt for the solution given by most of the members above.. and that is by clicking on all the components and in the characteristics section of various componenets you find an option called generate random seed.. all u need to do is uncheck that option and those components would stop generating random values.. that way you would get constant values from that component and hence the results won’t vary..

@remo.. you are welcome..

Regards

Burhan

Remo De Suza
        Participant

Hello Burhan num mina llah,
        I think there is no clarity about what jojo mathews is talking. I guess he is referring to some other topic where he might have posted the same. Anyway thank you for the suggestions. It has helped me and it worked. The Results are quite stable now/ Thank u so much everyone.

With regards
        Remo

Naazira Badar
      Participant

You are welcome Remo de Suza.. I believe once you turn off the random seed, your problem shall surely be solved.
      All the best.

Regards
      Naazira Badar.

Atul Sharma
        Participant

Yes Naazira that may be the reason. Lets wait and see if it resolves his issues.
        Hope it helps him.

With regards
        Atul Sharma

SAHIL SINGH
      Participant

HI Remo,

I fail to understand what jojo mathews is talking about… May be your guess is right he might be referring to some other topic where he might have posted the same… Its pretty confusing statement from Jojo Matthews

With regards
      Sahil Singh

Remo De Suza
        Participant

Hello Sahil Singh.
        I think Burhan num is right in saying that he was mentioning the same problem. I think we got it wrong may be we got confused with the way he had stated it. Anyway i hope his problem too has got solved if it were the same.
        Thanks and regards
        Remo De’suza

Ranjeet Kumar
      Participant

You are most welcome Remo De Suza
      As You have pointed out your problems of simulation results, although it was not so serious one.
      I will try to help you as per my ability.

Remo De Suza
        Participant

Hello Ranjeet. Thanks a lot for your efforts. I highly appreciate your efforts.
        it was rather helpful and i would like to see you helping in future too. Thanks

Regards
        Remo

Hi Remo De Suza and Sahil Singh

i believe he has clearly mentioned that he is facing the same problem of variation of simulations results… since he has referred to comment of virender singh as in that virender had suggested of upgrading the optisystem version..and jojo has mentioned that he had tried that but not helped jojo… so i thought its the same random seed problem that he had to disable in order to get constant results…

Regards

Burhan

Remo De Suza
        Participant

Hi Burhan num mina llah. Thanks for your efforts.
        Your suggestions were helpful and the results have become somewhat constant. Unchecking the seed option did work and the results stopped varying.
        Thank you everyone for your help.

Regards
        Remo

Hello Remo De Suza

You are most welcome.. This is what we are hear for to teach and to learn and above all help each other and learn from these fruitful discussions.. Thats nice your problem got solved.. Almost everyone would have faced this till we know about random seed issue..
      Cheers!

Regards

Burhan

Atul Sharma
        Participant

Hello Burhan. Greetings from my side.

Well yeah i agree with what you just have mentioned in your comment. This forum helps to learn a lot of new things and makes us familiar with this tool. i like this forum concept. Thank you everyone for helping and sharing.

With Regards
        Atul Sharma

Remo De Suza
        Participant

Hello Burhan num Mina. Thank you for your concern i highly appreciate it.

I very well agree with your thought and it feels good when people are helping and in return you learn more and more things. I would like to thank all people who helped and provided me with good suggestions that worked out in my favour.
        Thanks and regards
        Remo De’Suza

Hi All

Thank you all for such a healthy discussion.. I think whosoever would be new to optisystem would certainly find this post helpful for him or her.. As in this post a basic thing is clearified and very well addressed.. Thanks to all the participants of the discussion..

Regards

Burhan

Viewing 18 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.