Home Forums SYSTEM plotting graph

Viewing 19 reply threads
  • Author
      jyoti raina
      Spectator

hi evryone…i am facing a problem in plotting a graph for 4 receivers in my system…
      i have to compare there ber and qualtiy factor with respect to fiber distance n power levels..but i want to show ber or quality factor of all 4 receivers on the same graph…bt i m not able to plot it…i am not finding it anywhr..can any1 plz tel me whr i can do that..i nreally need help in that..plz help..i vil be very thankful..
      thanx in advance

HELLO JYOTI RAINA..

Well if you are talking about plotting BER and Q-factor against two quantities which are power and fiber distance at the same time then it is not possible for now in optisystem graphs..This problem of not being able to plot various parameters for more than one transmitters or receivers has been mentioned quite often.. Now what you can do is use the excel option for plotting such graphs.. I hope it helps you to some extent.
      Thanks & regards

jyoti raina
        Spectator

hello fayiqa mam…thanx for replying.. i understand that it is not possible bt i have tried to plot but i can use only one axis at time…it seems just like plotting one parametr against anothr many times…can we directly import from optisystem to excel..i am confused why it is happening…

aasif bashir dar
      Participant

hi joyti raina ,

i think you are able to provide the sweeps of fiber length… and are able to plot opti 2D graph for each of the individuall channel…
      if sooooo….

then export the the graph of each channel in text format…..
      then import the three expoetrted files in the 4th opti @D gragh…
      with regards

jyoti raina
        Spectator

hi aasif sir…thanx for relying n ur kind concern..
        i am very confused…when i try to plot min ber vs power of ber analyzer 1 to 4 then i can’t get it on single graph..can u plz help me out how i wil be able to do that..i need it fr checking n comparing it with each othr.

aasif bashir dar
      Participant

there is one more option you can do.

just export all the four graphs in pairwise text format… then open each text file and copy the data and arrange the data in any spreadsheet software for example microsoft excel then plot the graph..

if you have problems in plot multiple graphs in excel jus watch any videos in the youtube…
      with regards

jyoti raina
        Spectator

thanx aasif sir fr the help..m thankful n it helped a lot..
        thanx agn

aasif bashir dar
      Participant

here are the links for videos

with regards

aasif bashir dar
      Participant

hi joyti raina,
      i want to clear the point of fayiqa nashbandi that there is not problem in plotting the simultaneosly many graphs on single opti2D graph..
      but there is problem in providing the proper designation or legends to each of the respective graph on the opti 2D gragh..
      with reagrsd

HI AASIF..

I think the best possible way for her is to go for the plotting the graphs in excel only..because only there she can plot for 4 receivers on a single graph and taking more than two parameters at the same time… Optisystem graph system should be updated where it is possible…Anyway i guess she has gotten some idea now..
      Thanks & regards

aasif bashir dar
      Participant

you are welcome fayiqa nashbandi

jyoti raina
      Spectator

thanx aasif sir fr sharing thz vidz…these r really helpful in case m nt able to do it in optisystemm..this wil really help..thanx 1c agn

umer syed
      Participant

very well explained by the asif bashir dar, about the provisions of simultaneous plotting the graphs in the opti2Dgraph and in the excel with proper vodeoes references.

also there is leggendind problem in the optisytem.

with regards

Atul Sharma
      Participant

Hi everybody. Greetings.

It is an interesting question but i would like to suggest you to visit https://optiwave.com/optifiber-manuals/optical-fiber-opti2d-graph-control/
      for help. This will clearly help you in learning about how different parameters can be plotted together in a graph. You may easily try it out and i bet you will be all clear after going through it. I hope you find it useful.

Regards
      Atul Sharma

ZULKARNAIN
        Participant

hi atul sharma…
        thank you for attaching the link.indeed it is a very good explanation for plotting different parameters together in a graph.
        with regards

jyoti raina
        Spectator

thanx atul sharma sir..the link wz informative..thnx agn

SAHIL SINGH
      Participant

Hi all,

I agree with umer syed about the nice and detailed explanation by asif… Can someone please explain about the leggendind problem in the optisytem ?

Regards
      Sahil Singh

jyoti raina
        Spectator

hi sahil singh..excel is good option..thanx anyway

aasif bashir dar
      Participant

you are all welcome

aasif bashir dar
      Participant

hi atul sharma,
      the link you have posted is for optifiber software….https://optiwave.com/optifiber-manuals/optical-fiber-opti2d-graph-control/

but we are talking about optisystem.. do not take the discussion to another softwave of optiwave,,,such things create confusion..
      with regards

Aabid Baba
      Participant

Hi All,
      The problem faced by jyoti raina has been already discussed in previous posts on the forum. There is problem with the legends as aasif has already mentioned in the above post. But still you can find it useful for your requirement and i hope you will also try looking at the other option of the excel thing which is not so difficult also. I hope it all would help you.
      Regards

jyoti raina
        Spectator

tahnx aabid sir fr ur suggestions…i wil take that..

SAHIL SINGH
      Participant

Hi asif Bashir,

Infact i was also confused by the link which was posted by atul sharma.. We should try to keep the discussion focussed on a particular topic and not divert much towards the different topics..

Regards
      Sahil Singh

jyoti raina
      Spectator

yes i agree bt stil it was helpful link.

aasif bashir dar
      Participant

you are welcome jyoti raina…cheers that you got some conclusion about your query

with regards

Ranjeet Kumar
      Participant

Hi Jyoti,
      You can excel for the above problems.
      In excel we can plot 3 or 4 different types of legend lines on same graphs.
      You should plot the graph of BER for all four receivers vs input Power in dbm and you will see the comparison itself.
      Similarly you could plot the graph of Q-factor vs input power in dbm and compare the results.
      you could plot the graph of Q-factor vs transmission distance and compare the results.
      I am posting the image which i have made using excel.

Attachments:
      Rajguru M. Mohan
      Participant

Hi Jyoti,
      I agree to the points of Ranjeet that we can use excel for the plotting graphs of more than design in same graph layout .
      In excel we can plot 3 or 4 different types of legend lines on same graphs.
      You could draw all 4 users BER and Q-factor values vs Fiber length and input power in two different graph layout.
      Variables on both axes should be unique.
      Hope my suggestion will work

Viewing 19 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.