Home Forums SYSTEM Performance Investigation of 40 GB/s DWDM over Free Space Optical Communication System Using RZ Modulation Format

Viewing 13 reply threads
  • Author
      Damian Marek
      Participant

Abstract—We successfully demonstrate 40 GB/s 8 channels’ Dense Wavelength Division Multiplexing (DWDM) over free space optical (FSO) communication system. Each channel is transmitting 5 GB/s data rate in downstream separated by 0.8nm (100GHz) channel spacing with 1.8GHz filter bandwidth. DWDM over FSO communication system is very effective in providing high data rate transmission with very low bit error rate (BER). The maximum reach of designed system is 4000m without any compensation scheme. The simulation work reports minimum BER for Return-to-Zero (RZ) modulation format at different channels 1, 4, and 8 are found to be 2.32.

Thanks to Sushank Chaudhary of InterNetworks Research Lab for submitting this application note on FSO Communications using OptiSystem.

[profile_image username=sushank_chaudhary]

Publication Reference: [publication_link publication_id=39380]

Naazira Badar
      Participant

Hi Damian..

Good job. !

Cheers!
      Naazira Badar

sahil kakalia
      Participant

sir can u tell me how to make a 80 channel DWDM system.

gaganpreet Kaur
      Participant

Hi Damian i have done work on 40 Gbps RZ DWDM systems… but i wanted to know what is differenece between optisystem realization of free space comm DWDM system and DWDM system we implement using a fixed length tranmission fiber, amplifier and detector

sahil kakalia
      Participant

hii gaganpreet kaur, u have worked on dwdm system. can u send me the .osd files i.e optisystem files of the dwdm system u have implemented.

sahil kakalia
      Participant

hii Damian i am working on a DWDM system and not able to get the exact results that are mentioned in the paper. please help. I am attaching the osd file as well ass that paper on which i am working.

sahil kakalia
      Participant

Hii damian the osd file u attached does not open in the latest version of optisystem. Please help

sahil kakalia
      Participant

Hii damian Can u tell me how to design an 80 channel Dwdm system. It would be great help if u send me the osd file of 80 channel dwdm system

gaganpreet Kaur
      Participant

Hi sahil i have just seen the paper u r following for implementation and feel its quiet easy to implement in optisystem. it has sown the complete design rather. i suggest u try it and optimize the parameters still if u r unable to find the problem share it with me ….i am quiet sure i will be able to solve it

gaganpreet Kaur
      Participant

actually the system i have designed may not be of much help to u coz i am not using EDFAs in my design

gaganpreet Kaur
      Participant

Choose WDM transmitter.. open its properties box set its channel to 80 then choose starting frequency and the channel spacing. Set the input power as well. in next tab set RZ or NRZ format and bit rate too . then u choose WDM Mux set its channels to 80 and in next tab individual u define te channel frequencies. the output of the this Mux is given to the transmission fiber. u may set its dispersion characteristics if needed
      .. try this

gaganpreet Kaur
      Participant

i have designed 100 channel DWDM system on similar lines

sahil kakalia
      Participant

Hii gagan preet kaur. Thanks for reply. Can you send me the osd files of 100 channel . It would be very helpful

anu chauhan
      Participant

hi everyone i am pursuing my researh on MITIGATION OF MOBILE OFDM RECEIVER USING ICI SELF-CANCELLATION SCHEME IN OPTICAL COMMUNICATION USING OPTISYSTEM i have tried and reproduced the results for 32*20Gbps WDM channel for different bandwidths like 100,200,300,400Hz. If i need to make a new system for 32*40Gbps my results are not up to the mark can anyone help me the steps i must follow to get the results?

Attachments:
Viewing 13 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.