Home Forums GENERAL OTDM

Viewing 19 reply threads
  • Author
      SAHIL SINGH
      Participant

in the hybrid networks or simple ioptical time divison multiplexing.

there we use single wavlength and modulate it with different data, how to provide the to them so that it will lead to faithfull time divison multiplexing.
      what should be delay , is there any pattern or formulla for that.

with regards

Tanveer
      Participant

hello sahil singh…….
      In optical time-division multiplexing (OTDM) systems, several optical signal modulated at the bit rate B using the same carrier frequency are multiplexed optically to form a composite optical signal at a bit rate NB, where N is the number of multiplexed optical channels.
      you can refer the below given links:-

Time Division Multiplexing (TDM)

Optical Time Domain Multiplexing (OTDM) Design

with regards

SAHIL SINGH
      Participant

Hi tanveer,
      Thanks for such an informative answer..
      Regards..

Tanveer
      Participant

you are welcome sahil…

Aabid Baba
      Participant

Hello sahil,
      First of all i would like you to tell us what are you exactly designing and as far as theoretical part and simple simulation set ups are concerned you can check the optiwave examples in the optisystem samples folder. You can also follow the link to get an idea how a basic OTDM system is implemented and other required information.

Optical Time Domain Multiplexing (OTDM) Design

regards

+12
      SAHIL SINGH
      Participant

Hi aabid baba…
      Thank you for sharing such an informative link… Infact i was checking the examples in the optisystem samples folder.. I am implementing a basic OTDM system. So your link was very helpful..

Regards

Aabid Baba
        Participant

You are welcome sahil anytime.
        cheers!

+1
      aasif bashir dar
      Participant

hi sahil singh,

if you were checking for the optiwave sample .osd file here is the file

+1
      aasif bashir dar
      Participant

hope these sample file will help you in regard of how to provovide the delay for pulse interleaving for making proper optical time division multiplexing,

with regards

umer syed
      Participant

hi all,
      the sample files uploaded by asif bashir dar sir, has every thing which sahil singh needs for his otdm design.

it looks there in the .osd files that the formaula for the time delay of different pulses from single wavelength is given.
      i appreciate asif for uploading the sample files

with regards

aasif bashir dar
      Participant

you are welcome wmar

SAHIL SINGH
      Participant

Hello tanveer and asif

Indeed the file uploaded by asif bashir has a lot of information about the otdm design…

Thank you asif for your efforts and valuable time…

Highly appreciated

Tanveer
      Participant

you are welcome sahil singh…
      hope you have got the problem addressed in the forum…
      regards

SAHIL SINGH
      Participant

Hi Jojo Mathew

I do not understand what you have written Awaiting moderation ?

Please specify what does it mean,so that we can be of any help to you..

Regards

Aabid Baba
        Participant

Hi Sahil,
        it suggests that jojo mathew has just joined is his posts and replies are in monitoring mode. It is an admin thing and all moderation are must for allowing someone to join. You can think of it as verification scene. That’s the reason you are not able to see his posts.
        regards

+9
      SAHIL SINGH
      Participant

Hi tanveer,
      yeah i surely got my problem solved…
      Regards

SAHIL SINGH
      Participant

HI Aabid Baba,

Thanks for the information
      Regards

Jojo Mathew
      Participant

Hello Sahil, Bessels function is just a mathematical trignometric function. It is used for solving the equations that contain trignometric functions with in a function…It is frequently used in electronics and signal processing .
      It is a type of analog linear filter with a maximally flat group/phase delay (maximally linear phase response), which preserves the wave shape of filtered signals in the passband. Bessel filters are often used in audio crossover systems.
      In all these applications if the mathematical equation generated have trignometic functions as a function of trignometric function then Bessels function can be used in solving them.
      Hope you query has been answered.
      Regards.

Jojo Mathew
      Participant

Hello Abid, Asif , Sahil, tanweer and umer.
      I think the attached pdf will help you to solve the query.
      Regards

Jojo Mathew
      Participant

Hello everyone interested in the discussion titled “OTDM”. My question is that can we transmit the signals at wavelength lanbda1 and another signal having wavelength lamda2 through the same channel with different data rates datarate1 and datarate2 respectively?

Jojo Mathew
      Participant

Hello tanweer i have one query. As you have mentioned in one of your comment that “several optical signal modulated at the bit rate B using the same carrier frequency are multiplexed optically to form a composite optical signal at a bit rate NB, where N is the number of multiplexed optical channels.” Can we conclude the data rate of the complete signal be different from the individual data rates of different signals multiplexed??

Jojo Mathew
      Participant

Hello Aabid Baba…
      Thank you for sharing the solution… Your link was very helpful..

Regards

Viewing 19 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.