Home Forums GENERAL lsunching power limit

Viewing 17 reply threads
  • Author
      Ankita Sharma
      Participant

hello all..
      I am designing a bidirectional ring network..what is happening right now is that the network is working and showing results I mean I get a good eye diagram in one direction..but there is no signal on the eye diagram analyzer when I check on the other link..the other link here is the back up fiber link..please any help?
      thanks
      Ankita

aasif bashir dar
      Participant

hi ankita sharma,

look like you got the problem which most of the people are faccing in the bidirectional transmission…
      for simulation purposes in optisystem we need to add the delay component in the uplink line,,, however it must be noted that there is nothing like delay component in the practical scarnario….
      using delay component you will get the results

with regards

Ankita Sharma
        Participant

Thanks aasif sir. It helped…..

aasif bashir dar
      Participant

hi ankita sharma,,,
      i think i got your problem .

you might be facing the problem of using optiacal delay component, as no signal is shown in the uplink after delay component..

you need to add few sweep iterations and simulate your .osdfile…

then check any visvalizer (optical spectrum analyzer)after the delay component in the uplink… there is the provision to change the signal index in visualizer…

change the index you will get the signal

with regards

Ankita Sharma
        Participant

Not delay but because i was using them already.

ZULKARNAIN
      Participant

hi ankita..
      i agree with aasif sir that it is because of the bidirectional transmission.For simulation purposes you have to introduce delay for the working of bidirectional fibers on optiwave by using delay element and sweep iteration and index value.
      you should refer lesson 5 as the bidirectional topic is discussed in it thoroughly. i hope you will clear your doubts from his lesson.
      Also attaching a link for bidirectional-optical-fiber in whcih delay aspect is discussed…..

Bidirectional optical fiber

with regards

HELLO ANKITA SHARMA..

Well as far as i understand your problem maybe just because of some of the bidirectional components you maybe using…As far as bidirectional components are concerned you need to use an optical delay.. ot the other method being changing the number of global iterations to 3 or more.. It is a common problem you face while using the bidirectional components. I think this may help you.. Also try watching videos on using bidirectional components on youtube through optiwave channel there..

Thanks & regards

Ankita Sharma
        Participant

Thank you..yes it was same. I referred to the links and got the help.

For your convenience i am also posting some links of the topics where it has been already discussed how to overcome the bidirectional problem faced in the system design…These will surely be of great help to you..try going through them u will definitely find good help from these..

Bidirectional Fiber transmission

bidirectional

OPTICAL DELAY

ZULKARNAIN
      Participant

So you can use optical circulator which is a special fiber-optic component to separate optical signals that travel in opposite directions in an optical fiber, analogous to the operation of an electronic circulator to achieve bi-directional transmission over a single fiber.
      For your reference i am attaching a link in which circulator was discussed by me and few other mentors.Hope you will get some help from this.

Circulator

with regards

SAHIL SINGH
      Participant

Hi ankita sharma,

I agree with aasif bashir that you might be facing the problem of using optiacal delay component, as no signal is shown in the uplink after delay component.. What you need to do is to add few sweep iterations and simulate your design..Also as suggested by Fayiqa Naqshbandhi try consulting videos on using bidirectional components.. Hope this helps..

Regards
      Sahil Singh

Ankita Sharma
      Participant

Hi all,

Thank you very much for the valuable information provided by all of you…The suggestions provided by asif seemed to work as I was facing the problem of using optiacal delay component.. Thanks for your valuable suggestions aasif

Thanks and Regards

Aabid Baba
        Participant

Hello Ankita sharma,
        I guess your problem has more to do with bidirectional fiber itself.Besides the typical global simulation parameters of OptiSystem, such as Bit rate, Samples per bit and Sequence length, there are two additional parameters that are very important when designing bidirectional systems or systems with closed loops, such as ring networks. I suggest you to have a look at this link and go through it. It would definitely help you.

Lesson 5: Bidirectional Simulation — Working with Multiple Iterations

Regards

Atul Sharma
      Participant

Hello Ankita Sharma. Good evening and greetings.

Are you asking about the launching power in context of results. I failed to understand your query. What i understood is that you are having a problem in signal generation in the back up fiber link. So my question to you here is how are you implementing this back up fiber in optisystem. I would appreciate if you can share some information regarding this. It would be really nice of you as i may need it somewhere down the line in future. Looking forward for your response.

Regards
      Atul Sharma

ZULKARNAIN
        Participant

hi atul sharma..
        actually ankita sharma is designing a bidirectional ring network but in her design she has not used any delay element which are used for simulation purposes for bidirectional fibers due to which she is not getting results for bidirectional transmission.
        with regards

Atul Sharma
          Participant

Hello Zulkarnai. Greetings.

You have not understand what i had asked. My question was that here how she is implementing this back up fiber in optisystem. I would appreciate if she can share some information regarding this. It would be really nice of her as i may need it somewhere down the line in future. I have personally not come across any paper that has implemented the back up fiber in optisystem. I would like to know that. Hope you understand what i am talking about.

Regards
          Atul Sharma

Ankita Sharma
        Participant

Hi atul.. It was related to bidirectional fiber. thanks anyways

ZULKARNAIN
      Participant

hello ankita sharma…
      you are welcome.it is good to know that your query got solved.
      with regards

Ankita Sharma
      Participant

hi atul sharma..

Thanks Zulqarnain for your explanation.. Infact I was designing a bidirectional ring network but as mentioned allready I did not use any delay element which are used for simulation purposes for bidirectional fibers which caused error in my design… Anyways the query was solved… Thanks for showing your willingness to help..
      regards
      Ankita Sharma

Ankita Sharma
      Participant

Hi Atul Sharma,

Thank you so much for your concern… The optiwave forum is indeed very very helpful and peovides a lot of information..

Regards
      Ankita Sharma

Ankita Sharma
      Participant

Hi Asif Bashir,

Can you please specify what moderations you made to your previous comment… the modified comment is not available on the forum ?

Regards
      Ankita Sharma

Atul Sharma
        Participant

Hi. Greetings.

Same question here. Nothing visible.

Regards
        Atul Sharma

aasif bashir dar
      Participant

hi atul sharma,,,
      i was eriting the comment for the other keeping in mind the other query,,hence i removed it…

with regards

Atul Sharma
        Participant

Hello Aasif Bashir. Greetings.

i got confused because you done same on various threads. That’s why asked.

Ankita Sharma
      Participant

Thanks everyone for the help. It worked

aasif bashir dar
      Participant

you are welcome ankita

Rahul Tiwari
      Participant

Hi all,

I am new on th optiwave forum and am posting on the forum for the first time… I was going through the various comments on the topic of Bidirectional ring network started started by Ankita Sharma.. Of all the comments I found one of the comments very useful and very nicely explained by aabid baba which suggests in addition to the global simulation parameters of OptiSystem, such as Bit rate, Samples per bit and Sequence length, there are two additional parameters that are very important when designing bidirectional systems or systems with closed loops, such as ring networks.Infact the link which was provided was also very informative..

Thanks & Regards

Viewing 17 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.