Home Forums SYSTEM intrusion attack

Viewing 17 reply threads
  • Author
      ANITA ANTWIWAA
      Participant

Is intrusion attack possible in fiber communication?

ANITA ANTWIWAA
      Participant

I think it is possible because when intruder gets access to the a source in a WDM system, the intruder can send a signal which will be multiplexed, if there is a dispersion and the pulse broadens, pulses will be intercepting one another, this will cause the intruder to get access to part of the information transmitted.

mohammed mostafa
      Participant
      Dr Rk Sethi
      Participant

yes, you are right.
      Intrusion attacks means an attacker get access in to your network to read, damage, and/or steal your confidential data.
      Like any other network in Optical Communication Network intruder can get access to part of the information transmitted. optical communication network experts now starts accepting that in optical fiber network attacker get access.
      THIS IS GOOD RESEARCH AREA FOR THE RESEARCHER.

Heitor Galvao
      Participant
      ANITA ANTWIWAA
      Participant

Thanks Mohammed, Sethi and Heitor.

Dr Rk Sethi
      Participant

Welcome ANITA.
      what is your area of research?

ANITA ANTWIWAA
      Participant

My area is High speed optics but I’m currently developing interest in security.

ANITA ANTWIWAA
      Participant

Please, what is your area of research?

Dr Rk Sethi
      Participant

My area is long distance high speed optical communication systems but I’m also interested in network security.

Ravil
        Participant

Dear Rk Sethi,

Since you have indicated your research area, I have a following question for you. What directions/papers would you recommend me to review in the light of the following topic
        “The investigation of non-linear effects influence in high-speed optical communications with TDM”.
        You can send me a private message if you would like. Will be very thankful for your advice!

Dr Rk Sethi
      Participant

Also, I strongly believe that it will be the most important research area for the investigation in the near future.
      Optisystem is the BEST simulation tool for the performance analysis of the optical communication systems, for researcher.

ANITA ANTWIWAA
      Participant

I also believe so Sethi, now I’m diverting my research to security in optics.

ANITA ANTWIWAA
      Participant

I have enrolled in a PhD. Program in WDM security in India, My proposal has been accepted and I’m almost finishing my course. Thanks to forum members for your contribution.

Abhishek Shrama
      Participant

In which university or college you get admission for future work?

ANITA ANTWIWAA
      Participant

SHIATS (uttar Pradesh)

Abhishek Shrama
      Participant

Congratulations Anita,Best of luck for your research. 🙂

ANITA ANTWIWAA
      Participant

Thank you Abhishek.

Taiwo Ambali Abiola
      Participant

A good research area of course. However, it is one of the benefits SAC-OCDMA with suitable codes has over WDM system . OCDMA with balanced subtraction decoding techniques seems to be more secure though still having challenges with MAI

Viewing 17 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.