Home Forums FIBER HNLF

Viewing 9 reply threads
  • Author
      Sivaranjani B
      Participant

How to set the nonlinear coefficient value in highly nonlinear fiber in optisystem7 software?

Ahmad Atieh

Hello,
      You can use the regular fiber components located in the Default/Optical Fibers Library/ for any type of fiber as long as you know its parameters. You may also load your own data files for any parameter into the component.

Regards,
      Ahmad

Vamsi mohan
      Participant

I dont find HNLF or SSMF in optisystem new versions. I find
      Non-linear optical fiber only.

Vamsi mohan
      Participant

I dont find HNLF or SSMF in optisystem new versions. I find
      Non-linear optical fiber only.

Ahmad Atieh

You could modify the fiber in OptiSystem to get a HNLF. You need to set the parameters Aeff, n2, attenuation, dispersion to match a high-nonlinear fiber.
      regards. Search for a datasheet of practical HNLF and use its parameters in the fiber component.
      Ahmad

Ahmad Atieh

You could modify the fiber in OptiSystem to get a HNLF. You need to set the parameters Aeff, n2, attenuation, dispersion to match a high-nonlinear fiber.
      regards. Search for a datasheet of practical HNLF and use its parameters in the fiber component.
      Ahmad

Vamsi mohan
      Participant

Hi Ahmad sir,
      Thanks for that reply. I found at least one osd file (previous versions of optisystem) with HNLF. Can I copy HNLF from that file and keep it in the new version, and work ?

Vamsi mohan
      Participant

Hi Ahmad sir,
      Thanks for that reply. I found at least one osd file (previous versions of optisystem) with HNLF. Can I copy HNLF from that file and keep it in the new version, and work ?

Ahmad Atieh

Dear Vamsi,
      yes, it should work.

Ahmad Atieh

Dear Vamsi,
      yes, it should work.

Viewing 9 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.