Home Forums SYSTEM RF signal Modultion response (Graph Between Amplitude and Output Optical Power)

RF signal Modultion response (Graph Between Amplitude and Output Optical Power)

Profile Photo
(joined October 2014)
Participant

Hi ever one

I am trying to modulate RF signal using LiNb Modulator and Dc bias as shown in below figure (i have taken default values).

But the problem is that when i want to make 2-D graph between RF input signal(the input RF signal amplitude is sweep between -1 to 1 for

10 iterations) and modulator output optical power measured from power meter. The 2-D graph between them gives constant value (i am also

attaching the same constant curve) also Optical power meter shows same measured reading throughout (-1 to 1 sweep iterations values of)

input RF Signal.

(In the graph RF signal amplitude is on X-axis while Modulator Out power on Y-axis)

So i want to know

1. why it behaves like that ?

2. and modulator output power should change with input voltage but that is not happening here, why ?

3. how can we make output power of modulator change with input RF Signal ?

4. Kindly share any tutorials related to such RF modulation using DC biasing or any RF modulation related tutorials ???

i am working on it since last week but couldn’t find any solution.

i will be v thankful to u for ur kind help and response.

BEST REGARDS

BEST WISHES

Responses (24):

Profile Photo
      Ibn Aziz
      Participant

Thanks Jaffar for ur kind response.

Regards
      Stay Bless

Profile Photo
      Ibn Aziz
      Participant

@all

I am working on a project in which i require pulse shape signal from continuous wave source signal. The configuration of required pulse is attach as follow and fig is attached below.

Time period of optical pulses = 7.8125 nsec
      pulse width of optical pulses = 1.3 nsec

I have used all above operation points but couldn’t make it posible.

Now the problem is that i get required Time period and some configuration then the required pulse width couldn’t obtainable vice versa.

if u have any idea or apprach to get this typ of pulse from Contineuos source plz share.

I wil be very thakful to u for ur this act of kindness.

Best regards
      Stay Bless

Attachments:
        Profile Photo
        Damian Marek
        Participant

Can you send your most recent project file over? The time period pretty much sets your bit rate so at least that is one constraint out of the picture. I haven’t done much pulse shaping with cascaded MZM’s, but I might be able to fix your project file.

Profile Photo
      Ibn Aziz
      Participant

Thanks Damien Marek for ur kind response.

Damien i have done with the project and really very thankful to u for ur kind help and suggestion.

May God bless u .

Best Regards
      Best Wishes

Profile Photo
      Ibn Aziz
      Participant

Damien marik one more thing if u want to know hw i did that then kindly visit this link, here i have attached the file name “EAM_Scenario”.

link:

Strange behavior of Electro Absorption Modulator (EAM)

Best Reagrds
      Best Wishes

Profile Photo
      Ibn Aziz
      Participant

Damien marik !

if u resolve one more problem at above given link then it wil be highly appreciable.

Best Regards

Login You must be logged in to reply to this topic.