All postings are available to the general public. Registration of individuals under the age of 13 is not permitted. We reserve the right to disable any account for any reason. By using this web site, you agree to be contacted by site administration when it becomes necessary to do so regarding your account activity.
The basic rules for Optiwave’s Forums are simple: Be polite, use common sense, don’t break the law, and don’t post anything resembling an advertisement.
You are permitted a maximum of one account, active or inactive, regardless of how many companies you represent. If you choose to ignore this important restriction, all your accounts will be disabled. If you require a temporary username or have forgotten your login details, please email firstname.lastname@example.org for approval. Optiwave Forums allow one account per member and one member per account. Your account is yours and yours alone. Your forum account cannot be purchased, sold, transferred, or inherited.
If you’re caught shilling, you’re banned and you’re not coming back. A shill is an owner, employee or associate of a seller of products or services who pretends (or purposefully omits) any association with the product or service, while pretending to be a satisfied customer or interested bystander. People who omit an association with a product or service for other reasons (they’re paid to post about it, they’re helping a friend, etc.) so that they can help promote it are also shills.
We don’t intend to censor messages based on the opinions expressed within posts, but we will enforce the policies outlined both here and on the Forum. We reserve the right to remove, modify or move posts at our discretion and without explanation. Please contact the Forum Administrator (email@example.com) if you do not understand any of the rules, guidelines or policies outlined below.
Suspension of your account is a definite consequence of not adhering to these guidelines.
General Forum Rules:
These rules apply to all Forum categories.
• We take the “Be Polite” rule very seriously. We do not tolerate any rudeness. Any member who is intentionally unpleasant or disruptive may be banned without warning.
• If you SPAM our members in any manner, your account will be disabled. Do not contact anyone to suggest your product or service who is not explicitly expecting you to contact them from an advertising forum post. If you glean information from anywhere other than the advertising forums and use that information to contact someone and present an offer, it’s SPAM and it will affect your Optiwave account standing.
• Your account is yours alone. You are responsible for any activity created with it. You may not share your account login with anyone. If you choose to ignore this important restriction, your account and any accounts associated with it, will be disabled.
• All publicly displayed messages are limited to the English language. This includes posts, titles, signatures, and any attachments or other forms of public display.
• Signature Spam (a post that was made in hopes of showing a signature, as determined by moderators) is forbidden in all forum categories.
• You may not post commission, referral or affiliate links anywhere on the forum. For clarification, if it looks like it could be one of these links, we must treat it as such.
• Cross-Posting is not allowed here. Cross-posting refers to posting new duplicate threads or posts, or the linking to threads or posts already started by the member with the intention of gaining exposure.
• You may not compensate anyone for any review or recommendation. Further, you may not suggest a tone (i.e. “Go talk good about us on Optiwave’s Forums”).
• You may not post on behalf of any banned member in any public manner. This includes all forums, private messages, signatures, and e-mail features.
• You may not post words or URLs that are censored by adding spaces, dots, or substituting characters; or by any other means in an attempt to defeat any censors put in place by Optiwave. Please contact us if you feel a word or URL is unjustly censored.
• You may not link, in any manner, to sites or images containing pornography, sexually explicit, gross violence, or are determined by moderators to be detrimental to the community.
• You may not use discussions to recommend, praise, or belittle other products or services, or any company; without firsthand experience of those products or services. This includes companies recommending other companies. Any post not meeting a moderator’s criteria will be removed without notice.
• Any posts that encourage illegal intent will be removed and the account disabled.
• Public posts debating these rules and/or moderators’ enforcement of such, will be removed without comment. We encourage feedback however and invite you to email the Forum Administrator if you have any questions or concerns.
• Some forum categories have a “minimum (relevant, non-advertising, non-fluff) post count” and/or “minimum length of membership” restriction before a member is allowed to start a new thread. Please read the Forum Description and the Announcement within if you get a permissions error while trying to start a thread. If you choose to make meaningless posts to circumvent this restriction, your account will be disabled.
• Please see the Posting and Features Answer Guide if you are unable to post, PM, or use any advanced formatting or features.
Forum Specific Rules:
These rules apply to the Main Forum and Other Forums Categories.
• You may not publish or discuss any information regarding your product or services, or future (possible) products or services, or any product or services you are, or have been, associated with. This includes, but not limited to suggesting your own services, or services of partners, clients, employers or friends.
• You may not post any message that is commercial by nature.
• You may not bump threads. Bumping can refer to posting useless information, posting one-liners or any other action to deliberately keep a thread hot or to bring it to the top of its forum. Moderators will use their discretion, depending on the nature of the post, as to whether to take action or not.
• If your username is the same as your URL or company name, you may not refer to it.
• You may not post any message that directs others to any pages at your own commercial domain, including informational pages. A commercial domain is defined as a site that receives any type of income or links to any income producing properties.
• You may not direct others to contact you.
• You may not solicit the membership for feedback or suggestions on your product or services.
• You may not solicit users for any project or purpose external to the forum; public, private, or commercial. Most importantly our member base is not a resource to be “mined” by individuals, groups, or businesses, for profit or not for profit.
• You may only discuss details about your company and/or product offerings when the thread starter or poster has made direct reference to your company and stated something untrue or misleading, or something which clearly needs clarifying. The response must be in direct reference to the point discussed only and contain no added promotional information and/or fluff. It is advisable when in the above scenario to contact us first.
The topic ‘Forum Rules’ is closed to new replies.