Home Forums GENERAL Fiber Bragg Grating

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • Author
      Leeba Babu
      Participant

My work involves sensing applications of Fiber Bragg Grating such as temperature, strain and wavelength variation. But by using the FBG component available in optisystem 12.0 ,i am not able to apply the temperature or strain variations since there is no option to vary these parameters especially temperature. Please someone suggest a method to vary the temperature.

aasif bashir dar
      Participant

hi leebu,

you can not design fiber bragg grating for sensing application in optisystem 12, even in optisystem 14 there is nothing of changes temperature conditions for FBG.
      i suggest if you want to do it using optiwave softwave software, go for optical grating.

if not that , then use matlab

with regards

Aabid Baba
      Participant

Hello leeba,
      As far as optisystem is concerned there is nothing you can do to change characteristics of fiber bragg grating because it does not involve any such parameter like temperature etc but you can refer to link i am posting below which explains about creating a fiber bragg grating sensor but the tool to be used is Opti Grating.

Sensors

With Regards

aasif bashir dar
      Participant

hi leeba,

i myself have worked abit on sensing simulation part of optigrating 4, there we have option of both temperature and strain in sensor section.I think you should take a look on optigrating.
      you can also co simulate optigrating and optisystem

with regards

alistu
      Participant

hi Leeba,

Planning, testing and simulating optical links in the physical layer of the optical networks are the main applications of OptiSystem. If your application is also somehow relevant to each of these, I suggest you mail and recommend changes to be applied to the component in the future. Otherwise, you are supposed to use other softwares as well mentioned (so I won’t go through it again).

Regards

NGUYEN KHAC BINH
      Participant

how to connect between Optical Grating and Optisystem.
      i exported file (FBG.txt) from Optigrating, but i can not import it into optisystem, please help me, thanks so much !

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.