Home Forums FIBER Dispersion Compensation Fiber

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author
      UMAR FAROOQ
      Participant

Hi,
      Respected Members,

Hope you are all fine. I have a little query. I am working on OFDM PON setup with 10 km of fiber length. I am using real values for fiber parameters. So at the output I don’t have clear constellation due to fiber dispersion. I want to eliminate this fiber dispersion by using dispersion compensation fiber. So in this case I need DCF parameters for commercially available DCF.
      I tried -90, -125 ps/nm.km but it doesn’t work. Can you provide some DCF parameters regarding this that what values I should use for
      Dispersion
      Dispersion Slope
      & Core Area in DCF.

I shall be very thankful to you.

Best regards,
      Umar Farooq

Ahmad Atieh

Dear Omar,
      You may find actual DCF fiber data files in OptiSystem Example Library located at the following link. However, are you sure that the cause of the issue you are experiencing in the constellation is due to dispersion?
      C:\Users\USER NAME\Documents\OptiSystem 16.0 Samples\Fiber analysis and design\DCF (Standard) optical fiber data files
      You may contact me at ahmad.atieh@optiwave.com for further discussion.
      Regards,
      Ahmad

UMAR FAROOQ
      Participant

Hi,

Thanks for your reply. Yes the major cause is dispersion. I somehow made the DCF while reading some research papers about commercially available DCFs. After putting the parameters somehow setup works. But when I disable the DCF again constellation becomes worst. But still I am unable to understand either these parameters can be used in PON configurations.

What are your thoughts that the DCF parameters are separate for PON configurations and separate for all other configurations. Or in short there is separate DCF for PON and separate DCF for other setups.

Regards,
      Umar

Ahmad Atieh

Hello Umar,
      Unfortunately, I can’t comment on the effect of DCF without looking at the whole project. If you’d like to discuss further, please email me the project as a zip file to my email ahmad.atieh@optiwave.com.
      Regards,
      Ahmad

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.